nice V6 car photo

66Satellite

Banned
Feb 6, 2003
1414IMG_5812-med.JPG

Can't you just see the base V8 here?--just picture some bigger wheels. :nice:

lots more photos here

http://www.corral.net/photopost/sho...ge=2&sort=1&perpage=12&papass=&ppuser=&stype=

• Sponsors (?)

Hey, thats the color my wife just picked out for the kitchen!!! Just kidding...

But seriously. The GT is supposed to get our blood pumping, the base model is supposed to appeal to our wives/girlfreinds/future female aquaintences. I don't mean to be sexist, but I showed my wife pictures of the silver GT, and she called it a "Guy Car" with more than a hint of distain. However, she was ogling the new Beetle convertible the other day that is painted a strikingly similar color to this v6 mustang.

The women are who buys those models primarily, and in droves, too. If it weren't for them, the Mustang would be gone the way of the F-body. and we'd be hoping to get it back, instead of drooling over it "in the metal", as it were.

Be thankful that this exists, and thank the next person you see driving a v6 mustang, for keeping the name alive for you to enjoy your high performance ride.

I do see a blood red V8 stripped-down road brawler in there somewhere, just waiting to show its head. It might actually swing a little of the street racer crowd over from their FWD econo-boxes. One can only hope.

Nazgul said:
Nope. Classic 60s Stangs may have been great designs, but they came in some really nasty colors. IMO lime gold looks exactly how it sounds. Might as well replace "lime gold" with "Urine."

Those of us in the classic community call it "slime gold". And I will have you know that many 60's colors are better looking than today's colors.

Check my sig. That is a factory color on my fastback.

tylers65 said:
Those of us in the classic community call it "slime gold". And I will have you know that many 60's colors are better looking than today's colors.

Check my sig. That is a factory color on my fastback.

Lots of 60s colors worked well with chrome but don't look good on today's cars, and vise versa.

66Satellite said:
Lots of 60s colors worked well with chrome but don't look good on today's cars, and vise versa.

Did you see any chrome on my car?

Those pictures were taken without bumpers.

Honetly, Slime Green looks better without chrome IMHO.

Out of ALL of the colors from the 60's, I can't figure out WHY they would bring THAT color back.