Nicely Built 1993 Ford Mustang Lx Coupe 5spd

geo0006

Mar 13, 2014
This car looks like lots of work went into it, do you guys think its worth the asking price of $13500?

Nicely%20built%201993%20Ford%20Mustang%20LX%20Coupe%205spd%20%284%29.jpg

Nicely%20built%201993%20Ford%20Mustang%20LX%20Coupe%205spd%20%288%29.jpg

Nicely%20built%201993%20Ford%20Mustang%20LX%20Coupe%205spd%20%289%29.jpg

From the article:
This 1993 Ford Mustang LX coupe is a 5-speed car that the seller has gone out of his way to build into a stealth rocketship. It maintains the stock 10-hole wheels and has some geriatric props added to the parcel shelf, but underneath it is a serious build with a later Ford 4.6L 24-valve V8, a tubular K-member, and cheater slicks.

24 pictures and details

• Sponsors (?)

This car looks like lots of work went into it, do you guys think its worth the asking price of $13500?

Nicely%20built%201993%20Ford%20Mustang%20LX%20Coupe%205spd%20%284%29.jpg

Nicely%20built%201993%20Ford%20Mustang%20LX%20Coupe%205spd%20%288%29.jpg

Nicely%20built%201993%20Ford%20Mustang%20LX%20Coupe%205spd%20%289%29.jpg

From the article:
This 1993 Ford Mustang LX coupe is a 5-speed car that the seller has gone out of his way to build into a stealth rocketship. It maintains the stock 10-hole wheels and has some geriatric props added to the parcel shelf, but underneath it is a serious build with a later Ford 4.6L 24-valve V8, a tubular K-member, and cheater slicks.

24 pictures and details

Definetely not 13k. Id offer 10k, but that depends on the suspension work done and what not. but because it has 10 holes, its 4 lug, meaning he didn't do anything to the brakes. So in that case, 9k at best, 8500 at the very least. clean engine bay though.

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously, all that work and manual brakes? Jeez, at least make an effort to put in power brakes. Manual brakes on a street car is hell.
Where you getting manual brakes? The foxes had power brakes.
*edit* Oh I see now.. No brake booster in pic. Yeah f that. Also the interior needs work. But I guess if you were to try and do it yourself it might come close. $3k for car and you're left w 10k to try and finish the rest. Sad but $10k won't carry you all that far these days.

Last edited:
Where you getting manual brakes? The foxes had power brakes.
*edit* Oh I see now.. No brake booster in pic. Yeah f that. Also the interior needs work. But I guess if you were to try and do it yourself it might come close. $3k for car and you're left w 10k to try and finish the rest. Sad but $10k won't carry you all that far these days.

TO get that interior in tip top shape, id start with the fox sport seats in the LX's with the 5 liter, and maybe convert to black. Would take me another 1k or so. Plus id like to convert to 5 lug, the proper way. No way would i drive with an awesome drivetrain like that and then cheap out on the brakes. So, for all new components, with a nice set of 5 lug wheels, thats another 3-4k. Damn after all that id offer 5k. haha. but 8500 or 9k for that car is very fair, given the work that has gone into it.

I can't say that car isn't worth that. Judging by the comments above, you guys didn't click the link to see that it is a rolling Maximum Motorsports catalog, among other fancy stuff. A lot of planning went into this car, along with time and money.

I can't say that car isn't worth that. Judging by the comments above, you guys didn't click the link to see that it is a rolling Maximum Motorsports catalog, among other fancy stuff. A lot of planning went into this car, along with time and money.
Exactly! Click the link, I think its worth every penny! I think if I would have done it, I would have went with a coyote though.

Max motorsports this and that but c'mon fellas, $13k? I guess if the fella buying has $13k to burn on a toy go for it but seems like he could get something better for that kinda dough. What's the intended use? Racing, sitting in garage showing off to buddies, crusing to sonic? Max motorsports etc looks cool on forum signatures but overkill for a trip to sonic.

I'd need to see the quality of workmanship.

What i've found with magazine cars, having seen a few in person, is that they look professionally done from a distance, but whe you actually poke around, you do see a few corners cut here and there sometimes