Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

It’s is quite sad that it’s worth more in parts than it is together. Ultimately it’s your choice but if you are going to sell it, you’d prob do better just letting it go in parts as it sits vs finishing it up.

But congrats on the SN. I haven’t played with my fox much since getting my SN95 but I think once the honeymoon period wears off I’ll start playing with it again.

• Sponsors (?)

The biggest reason for the purchase was time savings. Although disassembly is always faster/easier than assembly, I don't really want to spend the time tearing it apart to sell parts. There's no rush though. I have room for both, so whatever happens happens.

Coming from a 68 year old man.....
I really wish I had kept a few of my cars from the past... If you are able to, and you have the room for it , keep them.....
For the price I sold them for I laugh and cry alot......
Put a cover on them and push them to the side.... If any of them need some body parts or some specialty items, buy them now before you can NO longer get them or you have to buy foreign made POOR quality parts..... Put the parts in the attic or basement....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Coming from a 68 year old man.....
I really wish I had kept a few of my cars from the past... If you are able to, and you have the room for it , keep them.....
For the price I sold them for I laugh and cry alot......
Put a cover on them and push them to the side.... If any of them need some body parts or some specialty items, buy them now before you can NO longer get them or you have to buy foreign made POOR quality parts..... Put the parts in the attic or basement....
Man I hear ya. I bought my '89 GT in 2016 because it was a clone of my high school car I regrettably sold. However, being older with a little more disposable income, I couldn't leave it alone, and here it is. Stripped down and in need of quite a bit of attention. Personally, I've never needed two hot rods. I'll have a favorite, and the other will get neglected. I may sit on it this winter and ponder how to go about selling it, but I don't have a use in keeping it. The SN is a much better candidate to suit my needs.

Congratulations! Great Buy!

I'm excited to see your progress on the build. It might help me decide what to do with mine next.
I honestly don't plan on much. The IRS springs are a little soft, so I might change them out. Otherwise, I was given long tubes, a prochamber, and Magnaflow catback with the car. Just going to clean the bay, drop in my engine and trans, and hopefully enjoy the driving.

I couldn't leave it alone, and here it is. Stripped down and in need of quite a bit of attention.

Can you walk it back and "go back to stock" from where you are? Put your high dollar engine in the cobra, put together a stockish motor and just get the car back to a more simplier form, and then enjoy it like that?

Can you walk it back and "go back to stock" from where you are? Put your high dollar engine in the cobra, put together a stockish motor and just get the car back to a more simplier form, and then enjoy it like that?
In all honesty I should have bought the Cobra with the 306 and 3550 trans it had, and swapped them into the Fox so it ran and drove. But at the time I was thinking of money savings and that I'd part out the Fox. I'll probably just part it out and see if someone wants the shell for cheap to make a race car or something.

In all honesty I should have bought the Cobra with the 306 and 3550 trans it had, and swapped them into the Fox so it ran and drove. But at the time I was thinking of money savings and that I'd part out the Fox. I'll probably just part it out and see if someone wants the shell for cheap to make a race car or something.
Can you still buy them?

Can you still buy them?
Not sure, haven't talked to him about it. I'm sure he's asking more for them then the price he knocked off the car by removing them. I wanted to make it worth his while to do it.

In the end, I'll list the Fox as is for a few grand and just be done with it, I think. I've already returned a trove of parts to LMR that I had bought. The 10% Restocking Fee is probably less of a hit than if I would try to sell the parts online.

I'll keep you guys posted with the outcome, as many of you have kept up with me since I started this in 2016.

Reactions: 1 users
Well friends, the body went to a new home where it will be put on a rotisserie and brought back to life. All I have left are the doors and most of the interior plastics. As discussed above, I came out way ahead parting it out versus selling it as a roller with body damage. I was very happy when the gentleman wanted the shell rather than it going to the crusher.

20240224_160324.jpg

20240224_160313.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
As I get the '94 going, I may start a new thread for it. Unfortunately I've already done a lot without taking pics, but I have a lot still to do. Not sure how many here care to see early SNs though, being our SN area of the site was dismantled years ago.

Reactions: 2 users