Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Havent done much with the car lately. I replaced my non functioning driver's power door lock switch, but only with a cheap LRS version. It works, and I am not @Mustang5L5 , so its good enough. I took her out for a spin, because I have not driven it since upgrading the brakes/front spindles, etc. It needs an alignment, but did roll down the road much smoother, and the brakes work great after bedding them in a bit. My suspension is SHOT. However, I just dropped a big chunk of change on some other parts, so suspension will be next year. Havent finished the paint yet, that is up next. Once that is done, big things are coming not long after.

Reactions: 5 users
Havent done much with the car lately. I replaced my non functioning driver's power door lock switch, but only with a cheap LRS version. It works, and I am not @Mustang5L5 , so its good enough. I took her out for a spin, because I have not driven it since upgrading the brakes/front spindles, etc. It needs an alignment, but did roll down the road much smoother, and the brakes work great after bedding them in a bit. My suspension is SHOT. However, I just dropped a big chunk of change on some other parts, so suspension will be next year. Havent finished the paint yet, that is up next. Once that is done, big things are coming not long after.
Starting a pool now,.......

#1. Who wants to bet that suspension happens before "next year?"
#2. Guesses on what the "big things" are?

I'm saying September suspension
351 w. is the "big thing"

Reactions: 1 user
Starting a pool now,.......

#1. Who wants to bet that suspension happens before "next year?"
#2. Guesses on what the "big things" are?

I'm saying September suspension
351 w. is the "big thing"

Nah, I cant afford the 351W just yet. But I wont be bolting the heads and intake to my 28 year old short block either.

As far as suspension goes, its going to have to wait. After having the third kid, I really dont have $ redo the whole car in a year. Plus, I want to strip and POR15 the undercarriage while Im at it. So maybe next summer if Im lucky.

It doesnt ride like sht necessarily, its just not in any condition for much more than runs for ice cream with the kiddos. It was very loose when I took it around a round about last night.

@madmike1157 , here is what became of my '11 hood today. I took a trip to the dump, and away it went. No use in hanging onto it when the car is gone.

20170531_114101.jpg

Its been a couple weeks, and I havent bothered finishing the silver paint on the car, but Ive been tinkering.

I started port matching my GT40 lower to the TF heads I have. Wasnt until after I finished my first port that I figured I should look at @Mustang5L5 's thread about his ported intake. TMoss's son doesnt take off the corners of the ports, and I did... Guess I'll stop doing that on the rest. My gaskets fit the head ports perfectly, and I left just a cnt hair of material on the intake in comparison.

The start
20170612_181534.jpg

And now, after finishing one.
20170612_195504.jpg

20170612_195614.jpg

And then there's the 347 that im putting all my parts on. Couldnt pass up a deal on a used engine. Its a risk, but I am confident that it is solid. With the heads off, the cylinder walls all look new, and I have all of the documentation from Woody at Fordstrokers from when it was built. It has a custom cam (numbers look like voodoo to me), his Liberator forged internals, but still in a stock block. No biggie for me, cause I cant afford to boost it.

20170612_201457-1.jpg

I still need and fuel pump, oil pan, and pick up tube, but have everything else to swap it in and fire it up. Was considering pulling the stock pan and pickup, but I want to leave it fully intact for storage, or maybe sale. Speaking of sale, anyone need a TFS stage 1 cam that I will now not be using?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Some engine/cam specs.

20170612_202932.jpg

20170612_202857.jpg

You can see in the top pic that the engine was built in April of 2015. The PO said it was his autocross car he had it in, and put less than 2000 miles on it. The cylinder walls sure look new, and he was a very straight forward, detailed oriented guy. Simply put, I trust him. Time will tell if I like it.

Reactions: 4 users
well one things for sure,..even if you wanted to put a turbo on it, you'll have to change that cam first. A cam ground on a 108 C/L and installed at 104 is optimized for N/A only. No Turbo, No SC, No Nitrous.

And I win the silent bet.....I said 351,..Turns out that I'm only 4 cubic inches off.

Reactions: 2 users
@RaggedGT

Got a carbide bit for my dremel. Flies through it pretty easily. I held my gasket up and traced the ports, and cut it back about and inch and a half (as far as my dremel bit will reach) just tapering it so that there are no hard edges. I am trying to mimic what I see in Mustang5L5's thread with his TMoss ported intake. Now it wont be perfect, but hopefully helps a bit. Wont be able to dyno for a bit, unless for some reason it runs like sht and I have to put a tuning session on a CC. Definitely dont want to do that for now though, I have spent a good chunk of change on this car already this year.

@RaggedGT

Got a carbide bit for my dremel. Flies through it pretty easily. I held my gasket up and traced the ports, and cut it back about and inch and a half (as far as my dremel bit will reach) just tapering it so that there are no hard edges. I am trying to mimic what I see in Mustang5L5's thread with his TMoss ported intake. Now it wont be perfect, but hopefully helps a bit. Wont be able to dyno for a bit, unless for some reason it runs like sht and I have to put a tuning session on a CC. Definitely dont want to do that for now though,
I have spent a good chunk of change on this car already this year

Ha,..Like that wasn't gonna happen......

Do you have a 32 year old alter ego named Alicia, because you sound a lot like my wife.
Are you kidding me? I should sound like one of your kids.....It's that easy to read you.

The P/U started out as a "winter beater" and ended up getting all kinds of stuff done to it.
The late model Mustang was supposed to be your replacement DD, and got significantly modded.
The Charger was supposed to be the family DD, and has been modded.
The Fox was supposed to be your link to the past,..but is definitely in the here and now,..because unless you had a really rich daddy,...I only know a few HS kids that had the money (and the knowledge) to swap brakes, add wheels and tires, and now swap in a forged internals 347 in a car that was only purchased 7 months ago...that (and I quote)
"Will remain mostly stock."

Now don't get me wrong,...I don't like "stock"anything either, and I mod stuff even before I get it (I had all of the wheels tires, and brakes for a car I didn't even know existed, on this build...)

Now,...You're half my age,...I have said "This is the last one" several times to my own wife over the years and each time I swore there would never be another,............another shows up.

Then I had to listen to it from her,.....for 30 years.. But I can say UNEQUIVOCALLY........ This IS 100% POSITIVELY, DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY the last one I swear!!!:rolleyes:

Time for you to get in touch with the real you,......The one your wife knows better than you do.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I only got a handheld tuner and a computer controller for the Charger... Well and a cheap home made axle back exhaust, because the SLPs on it were stupid loud inside. The only thing it needed was a firmer shifting trans that didnt shift for you in "manual" mode. But yeah, pushrod 5.0's are not only too easy to mod, but beg for mods when in stock form. Especially when your DD is twice as fast, and stops in a 1/3 the distance.

If I were you, I would just get some mundane beater for family car duty so I wouldn't be tempted to mod it at all. Money is too finite a resource to be diverted to a car that's mostly driven by my wife.

No way in hell I'm throwing money at a Mazda 5.

Reactions: 1 users
If I were you, I would just get some mundane beater for family car duty so I wouldn't be tempted to mod it at all. Money is too finite a resource to be diverted to a car that's mostly driven by my wife.

No way in hell I'm throwing money at a Mazda 5.

Lol, my wife has a Chrysler Town & Country. Matter of fact, she backed into a pole and cracked her rear bumper cover, and it currently has black gorilla tape holding it together. It was meant to be short term, but she decided she is fine with it, since a new bumper cover will be +-$700. Honestly, from 15-20 ft back, you dont really notice it. If that were my Charger though, it would already have a new bumper cover... So I can agree that we dont spend money on the car that she drives! As far as the Charger, it now performs really well after those two computer mods are done, and I really like the way it looks stock. Good to go there. Let me find a pic I stupidly took about a month ago to describe the Charger's performance.