Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Once you change the Throttle body then ya gotta change the upper and lower manifold, larger injectors, then comes the heads and cam, your better off leaving the stroller stock for now till you have all the parts or it's a waste of time in my opinion...

I just put the kids on and hook it to the back of the Durango with a tow rope. No mods needed, just helmets and knee/elbow pads.

Reactions: 1 users
I was able to pry away for a few hours today to work on the car. I took out the driveshaft and transmission, powerwashed them both, and sprayed the driveshaft with a rust convertor. Eventually I will have an aluminum one, but for now its getting cleaned up and put back with new U joints.

I have a little spot in the back yard beside my house where its gravel and useless space. This is my wash / paint zone.

20170916_174006-1.jpg

20170916_173410-1.jpg

Yeah Dave, sure is. I want the big things done before then. Swapping sensors and reconnecting things isnt a big deal in the cool garage. Just need some new mounts (engine and trans), and I can then swap things. I really wanted to clean and paint the under carriage, but unfortunately I just dont have the time right now.

Oh, for you guys that have to pass emissions, anyone want a thermactor pump or stock H pipe? I was extra careful to get the H out clean. Couldnt believe it was still there!

20170916_182915.jpg

20170916_182904.jpg

20170916_182838.jpg

Here is the poor car.

20170916_182726.jpg

20170916_182742.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
No problem, eventually someone will need it.

@A5literMan sold me headers, h-pipe and an electric fan. He might have an idea of shipping cost. Hey Todd?

The difference in the stock pipe vs an aftermarket is that its one big piece. All aftermarket H's I have bought are cut in two, which makes the box much smaller. Now if someone doesnt mind ruining the "originality" of it by me cutting it in half, then that would help the cost. I'll probably throw it in the classifieds as @Noobz347 suggested. There is a small part of me that wants to clean it up and hang it on the wall though.

Reactions: 1 user
Got out and did some knick knacks this afternoon. Had to scrape the PO's header gaskets off the heads, and also clean up my old BBK header flanges. Something I always wanted to do years ago and never did was grind all the welding splatter out of the header tubes. Since this engine will appreciate all the flow the small headers have to give, I decided it was time.

20170917_184600.jpg

Got the heads cleaned up, but only took one pic.

20170917_182123.jpg

Before I could get the second header reinstalled, I was summoned inside to cook dinner. After I did that, ate, and was half way through my shower, I realized I started to grow metal leg hairs. Glad my eyes didnt start growing them too!

20170917_194559.jpg

Last edited: