Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I second the almost freezing 60 something degrees.
Almost had to turn the truck heater on, whew, high temp catastrophe diverted.
Mike's just jealous he dosen't have to worry about premature roof removal or temporary pools in his yard.

I second the almost freezing 60 something degrees.
Almost had to turn the truck heater on, whew, high temp catastrophe diverted.
Mike's just jealous he dosen't have to worry about premature roof removal or temporary pools in his yard.

I dont know why you dont all run ratchet straps over your houses attached to those dog leash cork screws stakes to hold your roofs on. Works on my trampoline. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
I dont know why you dont all run ratchet straps over your houses attached to those dog leash cork screws stakes to hold your roofs on. Works on my trampoline. :shrug:
Funny you should say that, a few years ago I did something similar to a stripped roller I had, screwed two mobile home anchors, one front and back with ratchet straps around frame horn and rear end housing, wind took the shed but the car was still there.

Turns out 28 degrees out in the sun yesterday beat 40 degrees in the shade today. I was outside about an hour today taking off the upper intake and adjusting rockers. Didnt even get it done, because I simply wasnt enjoying it while being so cold. I did confirm that they were very loose though. I found a video of a new way of adjusting them that I am going to try the next time I feel like freeze my @ss off.

Reactions: 1 users
Turns out 28 degrees out in the sun yesterday beat 40 degrees in the shade today. I was outside about an hour today taking off the upper intake and adjusting rockers. Didnt even get it done, because I simply wasnt enjoying it while being so cold. I did confirm that they were very loose though. I found a video of a new way of adjusting them that I am going to try the next time I feel like freeze my @ss off.
How can anybody live in the great white north as long as you have, and not been able to justify a simple propane fueled space heater?
21936_700x700.jpg

69 bucks, plus the cost of the propane bottle...No more mr. freezy.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a nice kerosene heater, just thought 40 would feel ok without it. This was the one sitting in the corner watching me work.

51Souz9ZD9L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

By the time the cold had set in, I had busted a few nuckles and the fun was too far over to fire it up and wait for the garage to warm up. What I should have done was let the car warm up, and then all the parts would have been warm to the touch. But I knew my rockers were loose and didnt want to hurt anything.

Install a ductless mini split heat pump. AC in the summer, and ok heat output in the shoulder season. the really nice ones output great heat down to -10, but you'll pay for those ones.

I cheat sometimes and start the car up and watch it idle and make sure the cam is camming. Then I pull it in the garage, open the hood and let it warm up the inside a bit.

Today I am frustrated. I finally fired up the heater, finished adjusting my rockers, retorqued the lower intake, and double checked all my vacuum lines. I get it all back together, and the POS wont start.

At first it sounded to me as if the starter was spinning but not engaging the flywheel. So I gave it a couple whacks. Still the same sound, but then I noticed my oil pressure gauge jump up. I look, and sure as sht see my belt spinning.

I check the coil wire, no spark. I check my wiring to the coil, and have power. I also have fuel pressure. I dont smell fuel after several starting attempts, so I am assuming the injectors arent firing. Reading @jrichker 's no start list leads me to believe my TFI may have crapped out. Its just weird because the car ran fine (relatively speaking, loose rockers) when I last backed it into the garage. Anyone have a suggestion for a newb? Could a specific fuse somewhere cause this issue?

Have you confirmed spark yet? I'd start there before chasing fuel. I doubt both dudnt crap out at the same time unless something big in the electrical fried.

What type of coil is it? Did you pull a plug and lay it on manifold and see spark?

Follow the checklist, do one step at a time, don't skip around and you will find the problem.

I would love to, but I am an electrical newb, and honestly hate it. For now I am going to clean the salt and pepper shakers, replace the TFI module, and PIP one at a time. If that doesnt fix it, then I will be forced to back up and learn some new things I dont care to.

All that being said, I did start with your list and found no spark coming off the coil, but I have 12v at the green/red wire at the coil. Your lists are awesome man, and I do appreciate the effort you put into compiling them, I just suck at diagnosing electrical, and dont know where half the stuff I need to check is even located on the car.

If you've have no spark off the coil, but have 12v+ there, my reasoning would be coil is FUBAR

That is solid logic. Just seems odd that it would give out after sitting a few days. I supposed I could replace it first since its cheap.

Im just annoyed. The only thing electrical remotely close to the upper intake are the salt and pepper shakers. I double checked, and they are connected. I am going to try cleaning them, but it boggles me that something else goes bad while just sitting there.

Last edited:
Put a test light on the injector plug, while cranking you should see the light pulse...
If it does not check for 12v power on the red wire.
If it has no 12v check ecu for power

If it has 12v but no pulse start at the distributor. The pip signal is needed for injector pulse.