Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

Provided that you can ever get it to restart again....:nonono:

Speaking of this, the car is going to sit for the winter, and this thread will end up on page 100.

Good news, I have new ignition components.

Bad news, I still have no spark and no fuel.

My fuel pump cycles, I can just tell the injectors arent firing when trying to start the car. There is no gas smell, and I pulled a plug and its dry. Something is telling them not to fire, probably because it knows there is no spark. Car ran "ok" before I pulled the upper intake and valve covers. How could that cause this?

I ran codes with key on, engine off (obviously no engine running test), and I have 21 (o) and 24 (o). Those are "Coolant temp sensor out of range" and "ACT sensor out of range". There is a code 24 (c) in the book that is "Coil #1 primary circuit failure," but strangely enough I am getting 24 (o). I replaced both the coolant temp sensor, and ACT sensor when I swapped the engine.. After these two codes cycle during the test, the test stops on 11, which is system ok..... @jrichker Can bad coolant temp sensor and ACT sensors signal the computer to shut off spark and fuel? If they were bad, why did the car run initially? Blah, fck this electrical stuff. The good news is, I am already half way down the No Start Checklist. Testing the EEC relay is next. Hmm, if only I knew what that was, lol.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

20171221_160011.jpg

I am now going to take this drawing and add flames all around it right after lighting my car on fire.

Reactions: 1 users
Stupid question, but did you disconnect and reconnect the 10-pin connectors when Intake came off?

No question is stupid to me when it comes to this. No, I did not disconnect them when I disassembled the intake/valve covers this last time. The only things I disconnected where the TPS, IAC, and a few vacuum lines from under the upper intake. Reconnected them all without so much as cleaning them. I also checked the ground strap from the firewall to the block, and it is still intact and solid.

And the ground that is in the injector harness that usually is bolted to the lower intake still there?

Wait, I think the ground you are speaking of is the wire that bolts to the same bolt as the firewall ground into the back of the head. What I was just thinking of was just a metal piece that holds the TFI harness in place on top of the lower intake. I am still going to take the upper back off and recheck everything though. I had to have done something in that area.

I used electrical parts cleaner from advance auto. It comes in a spray can like brake kleen. I removed the red circular clip in the connectors and removed and cleaned each pin, one by one. When I did the female pins pliers came in handy to tighten them up. Used new dielectric grease when putting it all back together. Worked like a charm.

Take a test light and run it from the battery positive to the intake. It should light up.

Reactions: 1 user
Cars not still sitting outside is it?
That's what I'm sayin' !!! it's sposed to be -1 Christmas Day....id bust a nut to get my car back in the garage.
The first time I ran the Monster out of gas, the tow truck driver unloaded the car on the raised pad outside of my garage...
g1r2-jpg.125384.jpg

He put it where the grey car is.
It was the dead of summer, but I wasn't leavin the monster outside...

I about killed myself trying to push, and pull that thing till it was back in...but it got back in.

Is the car back in the garage Nick?

Yeah, I had my neighbor and his son help me get it pushed back into the garage Thursday night.

First thing I'll do when I get time is take the upper intake back off, look for any smashed or cut wiring, and clean the connectors. I dont plan to take each pin out one by one, but I will spray it out with electrical parts spray and compressed air, and use dielectric grease and see if that helps.

I've owned nine foxbodys and never once had an issue with the salt and pepper shakers myself.. but hope you see the problem right away once you yank the upper off

Appreciate that. I have also never had this issue, but this is the first of 4 Fox/SN's that I have done more than an HCI swap on. I was bound to have some sort of perplexing issue, because it went way too easy for a rookie.

Reactions: 2 users
No update on the car running, as I havent spent a single minute in the garage since the last post about it. I did manage to replace both my cracked outside front corner lights. One is new OEM, and the other is a nice used one. All six front lights will be being sent to @95steedamustang as soon as my bank account recovers from Christmas, so he can do his thing with them.

20180111_191638.jpg

20180111_191633.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I dont know about the rest of you, but I am pretty tired of all the sickness going around this winter. I am at home with a fever and body aches today. Even though I could go to work and work through it, I choose not to to keep it from spreading more.

On a plus side, my OEM ACT sensor arrived today. Thanks for pointing them out @Mustang5L5 . My LMR sensor will be going in the trash once this one proves it works.

20180122_145028.jpg

In other sick day news, its almost 50 degrees out. I went out and checked my fuses, but they are all good. Too bad, I was hoping the fix was right there all along.

Reactions: 1 user
Been working on my son's pinewood derby car, since he is all of 7 years old. He originally said he wanted a new Mustang GT in orange. I found this to go off of.

competition-orange-2015-mustang-gt-rendering_1324.jpg

I got the official pinewood derby wheels done up.

20180120_160505.jpg

Then started body work on the car. To keep with the rules, the shape is just a hair off due to length, but close enough. After starting with a plain block of wood, a mitre saw, and orbital sander, lets just say Im happy with it.

20180114_115135.jpg

Ive been working on paint. I primered it with some primer I had laying around, that went fine. When I tried spraying the cheap assed thin as water orange paint, it bubbled instantly.

Come to find out that was a good thing, because my son decided he now wants the General Lee. Whew, hadnt started drawing headlights, tails, grille, etc yet. Im getting new paint tomorrow, some fine tip paint markers as well, and going at it. But tonight, I had to remove the white paint off the tire lettering. :mad:

20180122_195835.jpg

I considered filling the wheels to be smooth, painting them all black, and drawing the correct General Lee style wheel with silver marker, but I dont think you can modify the "official pinewood derby" wheels. Plus that would add rotational mass, and we want it to stand a chance anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
Found this pic to go off of for painting up the General Lee.
General Lee.jpg

And I have a buddy that can make decals. Since I dont really give a rats red bunion hole about sensitive Nancys out there, you can bet your arse this is going on the roof. Im now just waiting for him to make the 01, and I will draw the rest.

538366777.jpg

PS, if they wont let him race because of the flag, then I'll remove it. But I seriously hope they arent that lame.

Now looking at that pic of the General and the pic of my block of wood above it, I now have to go back to the saw and sander and reshape the body a bit. Angle it up under the nose and tail, and down with the hood and trunk. Then we'll be in that good enough for who its for place.