Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

I got a $650 bonus last month, spent $352. My life literally threatened to divorce me, because she now wants to buy a travel trailer for camping, and thought it should all go toward that. "We dont have the same life goals..." Oh the married life, its so full of bliss.

Aaaaand that's why my work bonuses and personal expense report payments get deposited into my own personal checking account.

Actually, my wife is addicted to Amazon shopping. 3-4 boxes a day. But, it's her money, and I keep my mouth shut because I have a few maximum motorsports packages on the way myself.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Aaaaand that's why my work bonuses and personal expense report payments get deposited into my own personal checking account.

Actually, my wife is addicted to Amazon shopping. 3-4 boxes a day. But, it's her money, and I keep my mouth shut because I have a few maximum motorsports packages on the way myself.

My company is too lazy to do that. All earnings get direct deposited into only one account. No splitting allowed, trust me I tried.

She is already over it, it was just funny that she went to that extreme, thought I would share with you guys. No matter where the money comes from, its "our" money.

Simple solution would be to explain to the wife how the leaking wrack would render the car unsafe and well isn't the money spend now worth the piece of mind knowing your lovely husband will be safe

At that point I dont think she cared much about my safety. At minimum she would have told me not to drive it and sell it, lol.

I decided to fight fire with fire. I waited for her to come back around and apologize, as I earned that bonus and she has no right to be upset with me spending any of it. I can easily kick back at work and not earn any more of them... She realized half going in the bank was better than none.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
The steering rack and shaft arrived today, as well as my LX lenses. I keep starting too many projects, and the sequential tail lights were one of them. I decided to shelf that, and throw on some LX lenses (broke one of my cheese graters during removal) until all the suspension, steering, exhaust, and silver exterior paint is finished first.

Easy peasy.

20180712_203634.jpg

Tomorrow I will unbox and connect the solid shaft to the steering rack in preparation for install. Need to brake clean the gunk off the K member before I start the install.

Reactions: 4 users
Havent got chit done on the car. After tent camping in the 95+ degree heat the entire week of the 4th of July, my wife decided we needed to invest in a camper. We like camping, getting the kids off electonics, enjoying the time as a family, etc. Pulled the trigger on one last night. The Durango does well, it has a Hemi and towing pkg with trans and oil coolers. Pulled it over an hour and a half home through the hillier part of Iowa. However, this is a 30ft travel trailer, so I'll need a truck before we go rolling out to the Rocky Mtns with it.

20180718_065648.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Just messin' with you. That's some pretty countryside.

Oh I know, I figured Id just throw up some images. And yes @Mustang5L5 , we have a lot of space. When I was younger I always thought Id move back to Dallas. Now I enjoy the lifestyle of Iowa. Still plenty of hustle here in the Cedar Rapids area, but it only takes 10 mins to get out of town and its nothing but farm land.

Reactions: 1 users
Thought my refurbished rack seemed odd showing up in an AC Delco box.

There's the Ford emblem.

20180722_141157.jpg

However there was this sticker on it.

20180722_141203.jpg

Oh well, its assembled and on the car. Im researching which PS line threads in where because its been so long since I took the old one off.

Here is a pic with the steering shaft attached. Forgot I went Borg Warner on the shaft versus MM. Saved $50 going that route.

20180722_141150.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Didnt take long to figure out the PS lines each only thread into one hole each. Got them in and snugged up. The lines are still a bit wiggly even with the ends tightened. I assume this is normal since the O rings are in there, but I will find out for sure when I fill it with fluid and it leaks all over.

They do move. The Teflon washer and o ring are what creates the seal

Ah, fantastic. You mean the teflon washers I had no idea where to install... You see, this rack kit came with 10, yes 10 bushings I didnt need, and I assumed the white rings were a non needed item as well. I used liquid teflon on the threads, and got them good and tight. Fingers crossed.