Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

I dont think anyone has bothered to get a 1990 F250 4x4 into the 10's, and I will not the first either. A 408 stroker may grace the engine bay so as to be able to pull the camper a little easier. Thats a couple years from now though. It runs perfectly in stock form, its just weaaaaaaaaak.

View: https://youtu.be/HEXLoGb45XU

Could be you-jus’ sayin’
Lol

• Sponsors (?)

Brah, thats not a bricknose extended cab long bed F250 running speed density fuel injection...

20181027_104339.jpg

Ok, so back to the Mustang. I know this is a cartoon pic, but I was considering this before, and after seeing this cartoon I am considering it again... Ever since changing to 5 lug and loosing the turbines, the car no longer resembles my high school car. Front bumper aside (I think that looks factory if I say so myself), a set of concave 1 off 18" turbines would get me back to a resemblence, yet still allow the bigger brakes and 5 lug... T56 might be going further down on the list...

FB_IMG_1543805095890.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I can only imagine how much a set of one-off 18" turbines would cost. I ran around on 10-holes in HS but have no desire to put a set back on. I swapped to pony wheels right after HS graduation, and have always debated getting a set of 17" 5-lug ponys. A little more period correct I guess.

Aren't one-off wheels rediculously expensive?

I can only imagine how much a set of one-off 18" turbines would cost. I ran around on 10-holes in HS but have no desire to put a set back on. I swapped to pony wheels right after HS graduation, and have always debated getting a set of 17" 5-lug ponys. A little more period correct I guess.

Aren't one-off wheels rediculously expensive?

Depends on which company, but yes. Lowest quote I got was $1k per wheel. You pay close to that for some mass produced forged wheels, so for a one off set I didn’t think it was too out of the question.

Looking at the car now with the ‘03-‘04 front bumper, I will probably just buy a set of CCWs when I have the extra $ for nice wheels.

Last edited:
Sorry man, I missed your last post. Things have been going well. Kept busy this winter putting in new flooring in my house. Now that it’s warming up into the 50’s, I have the itch again.

I have been dicking with my home made catted H pipe and custom tails for a bit now. I started the car last night and it was so quiet I could hear the ticking in the headers over the tail pipes... Then today as I was cleaning up some leaves and junk in my yard I heard the distinctive sound of an off road H and Flowmasters... Sure enough a teal hatch LX was driving down the street behind my house. I’ve never seen it before, and I heard it drive all the way out of the neighborhood as he hammered on it a couple times. I took that as a sign and bought a BBK off road H. When it gets here I will weld my wideband bung on it before installing it on the car. I also bit the bullet and bought a Microsquirt set up. Being I can tune the car without the MAF, I will be selling my Pro M MAF once it’s up and running to help recoup some cost.

I also bought some stock replacement rear upper control arms and will be selling my BMR adjustables. I’ve decided I want this car to ride decent, so the poly uppers are out. May also throw a PHB on this summer as well. So yeah, got some stuff in the works.

Reactions: 1 users
Keep the maf if you have the curve for it from proM. Maf tuning on MS is the single easiest thing I have ever tuned.

I’m going to let my local tuner I met do it however he prefers. If we keep it, cool. If not, I’ll sell it after all is said and done. Doesn’t really matter to me either way so long as the car runs like it should.

I’m going to let my local tuner I met do it however he prefers. If we keep it, cool. If not, I’ll sell it after all is said and done. Doesn’t really matter to me either way so long as the car runs like it should.
And you're gonna pay some local guy instead of the guy that does every body else's stuff here via the miracle of the Internet? Probably for significantly less.....Do you just like throwing money away?

• Agree
And you're gonna pay some local guy instead of the guy that does every body else's stuff here via the miracle of the Internet? Probably for significantly less.....Do you just like throwing money away?

Local guy is just like Steve. Does it for a hobby. But local guy has a buddy with a dyno who is going to get me a free pull just so I can know what it makes. Me and local guy are going to drive around and tune like Steve would via interwebs, but he’s in the car with me. Not that I don’t trust Steve, obviously he is a good dude, but I like building relationships with people close to me. Never know when that friendship may come in handy.

Local guy is just like Steve. Does it for a hobby. But local guy has a buddy with a dyno who is going to get me a free pull just so I can know what it makes. Me and local guy are going to drive around and tune like Steve would via interwebs, but he’s in the car with me. Not that I don’t trust Steve, obviously he is a good dude, but I like building relationships with people close to me. Never know when that friendship may come in handy.
Always nice to have a local guy, if you guys do hit a roadblock let me know. Keep the injectors conservative the micro has okish injector drivers and some deka injectors don't play well due to there large minimum pw.
I have a ton of injector data compiled so if you need the deadtime and offset info for your injectors for the ms let me know.

Always nice to have a local guy, if you guys do hit a roadblock let me know. Keep the injectors conservative the micro has okish injector drivers and some deka injectors don't play well due to there large minimum pw.
I have a ton of injector data compiled so if you need the deadtime and offset info for your injectors for the ms let me know.

Thanks man. I’ll definitely reach out if we hit any stumbling blocks. I appreciate that.

Well, continued on my exhaust idea today. I used 3” chrome 90 degree bent pipes to start after having an exhaust shop make 90’s around the tank. I had to cut and grind my slash tips, and I think they came out ok for using a sawzall and angle grinder. Lastly, I wrapped most of it to prevent heating the gas tank. Trying to decide if it’s good as is, or if I should fit short 3.5” tips over the existing 3” tips.

12F304C3-F2DE-47C4-A202-365AE06F23B3.jpeg
0D79C156-F9F9-495D-87BD-D9824B6BF190.jpeg

B667F48E-42A4-4642-A417-E3291B2E1A73.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users