Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

BabyBook: Entry 1

Previerky_ikona.gif

First casual relationship - Noobz 25 Mar 17

Entry 2: Trip home from the hospital....
Wrong on so many levels. I think you just started an amber alert. :runaway:

@Noobz347 , these two are very protective already. My 7 year old had tears in his eyes because he was so excited. And Daddy has a carry permit and weapon addiction. ;)

20170325_105436.jpg

PS, they are hanging on tight so as not to fall out of the chair from Stangnet yanking pics off my phone sideways.

Reactions: 5 users
@Noobz347 , these two are very protective already. My 7 year old had tears in his eyes because he was so excited. And Daddy has a carry permit and weapon addiction. ;)

20170325_105436.jpg

PS, they are hanging on tight so as not to fall out of the chair from Stangnet yanking pics off my phone sideways.
That is a wonderful picture. When I brought my youngest daughter home from the hospital, my youngest boy Andy was two, he wept as though the worst thing ever had been committed to him. He was sure his younger sister would be the worst thing that ever happen to him in his life.

Your boys look happy enough though. Good for you Nick, I'm happy for you.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a similar pic when the older brother got introduced to his new one. Very proud of his baby bro. They are 5 years apart. The two of them were real close up until high school took the older one in a different direction that the younger one couldn't go.

They are still close like brothers should be,..but as different as night and day.

My tip for the day is for Nick..

These days,......the ones where they are young like they are now. Where Christmas is a whole year away, birthdays are special, there is such a thing as the Easter Bunny, and your wife will be the favorite Valentine of the three boys for many years to come..

They are the best.

Partially because you both are the world for the little ones, partially because they do some of the funniest things that they'll ever do in their lives now, and you'll be the ones that get to enjoy it. You'll be there for the moments where they do amazing stuff in school, (and get to take credit for some of it because you're the dad). They'll hang onto everything you do, and wanna be just like you...From 2-12 they are the best.
After middle school they start developing into the people that they will be, and their social circle widens, and you kinda move out of the center, but they are still the best thing you'll ever do in your life.

It's like I've said before though....and the lyric in the song best sums it up.

Don't blink.

Reactions: 6 users
My take

from 0-about 12 you are the center of their world and those are the moments you remember the rest of your life
12-18 or so the kids go through being a teenager and those are the years you usually want to forget the rest of your life
18 or so- if you get lucky the kids come back to you ( not necessarily physically) and your relationship renews but on a more adult level as they hopefully have a "new found" respect for all the years you wiped their ass and stuff.

My son never came back- moved to Texas to live with his mother
My daughter did. Our relationship now at 19 is better than ever

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah boys, I have already noticed that the first 7 years of my oldest boy's life have flown by. Thank God for Facebook memories, or I would barely remember his early days. I have pictures and videos recorded on old cell phones, but how often do you go look at your old phones and pull the memory cards to look at them on your current phone? I was 26 when my first son was born, and not quite ready to grow up yet, but I have learned quite a bit about life in the last 7 years. My wife has even commented on how willing I am to get up and sooth our daughter in the middle of the night, even though she is the only one equipped with the goods for nursing. If its only been an hour since she last cried, I will go in and sooth her to allow my wife to sleep until she starts crying to eat in yet another hour, lol. Its good times right now fellas, I am a happy man. And hell, I even put the final coat of bonding adhesive on the bumper tonight to fill in all the screw holes. If I am lucky, I will get a little time on Sunday after my parents and siblings' families go back home to get it sanded and ready for primer.

Reactions: 5 users
Just found out tonight I'm going to be a grandfather. Completely mind numbing. Where does the time go? Enjoy your newest edition. As mike stated above...I just blinked.

Reactions: 4 users
Just found out tonight I'm going to be a grandfather. Completely mind numbing. Where does the time go? Enjoy your newest edition. As mike stated above...I just blinked.
Congrats Todd! Now you get to spoil the hell out of them, and watch your kids go through all the stuff you did raising them-- and you get to point and laugh... lol

Reactions: 1 user
Got to spend a little time sanding tonight. Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike body work? I managed to get the bumper sanded to the point that its ready for primer. Since I was covered in dust and ready for a shower, I decided to stick it out in the rain to wash its dust off. I would post a picture, but it keeps doing it sideways again. Hopefully tomorrow evening I can scrub it down properly, and maybe even shoot some adhesion promoter and primer.

Aw hell, why not give you a sideways pic of a sanded bumper in the rain.

20170402_202916.jpg

Reactions: 4 users