Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

You dont have to go back very far to see the before, lol. This isnt MadMike's 350,000 page Monster build!
Yeah,...but you want to have a 350,000 page build...admit it.
If you woulda kept the old car before you just arbitrarily decided to sell it and join the mindless hoard that is the S197/S550 owners club,...you might be half way there by now.

That truck was fun, but I am glad it reared it rusty body parts before I sunk any more money into it. This car, however, will most likely see a full MM parts catalog find its way underneath. I have decided that since I went and changed the wheels and ruined its bone stock look, I wont be ashamed to change everything underneath (after getting all the dust out!). I do still plan to keep under the hood and the interior mostly stock though.

Reactions: 1 user
upload_2017-1-1_17-53-21.png

...and right hand drive too. That's badass. :D

Reactions: 3 users
That truck was fun, but I am glad it reared it rusty body parts before I sunk any more money into it. This car, however, will most likely see a full MM parts catalog find its way underneath. I have decided that since I went and changed the wheels and ruined its bone stock look, I wont be ashamed to change everything underneath (after getting all the dust out!). I do still plan to keep under the hood and the interior mostly stock though.
A Blower will keep the under hood mostly stock :) lol I'm just kidding buddy. I like the changes you have made,all improvements to an already good looking car imho.
It's usually @RaggedGT that catches the little sht like that. Very observant Noobz!:nice:

Thanks for the compliment Dave.. Sorry for the excessive pings lately..
I have a feeling Mr.Noobz may have something to do with the right hand conversion:)

A Blower will keep the under hood mostly stock :) lol I'm just kidding buddy. I like the changes you have made,all improvements to an already good looking car imho.
Thanks for the c:)ompliment Dave.. Sorry for the excessive pings lately..
I have a feeling Mr.Noobz may have something to do with the right hand conversion

And I thought I was the guy with the excessive pings going on here..:shrug:

Well, I am no @Davedacarpainter restoration expert, but I did find a nice clean factory distributor cover. Needs shined up, but I am happy to have one. Never liked the look of all the spark plug wires, especially when I put a red MSD replacement cap on one of my old cars. Boy I tell you what, if only spring would hurry the F up and get here, I have some mondo cleaning/restoring plans to carry out... I hate winter in Iowa.

Obligatory pic

20170201_202104_zpswaxar8fy.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Almost pulled the trigger on a GT40 tubular intake yesterday on Ebay, but there is just some kind of weird charm to a stock engine bay. I am considering doing a 331 with nice heads, and having the stock intake ported to the max just to maintain that stock charm, but have some more power on tap. Am I crazy?

Almost pulled the trigger on a GT40 tubular intake yesterday on Ebay, but there is just some kind of weird charm to a stock engine bay. I am considering doing a 331 with nice heads, and having the stock intake ported to the max just to maintain that stock charm, but have some more power on tap. Am I crazy?
Yes.

I like the stock look on a different note though too.

Reactions: 1 user
Before I slapped the wheels on, I decided to weigh them.

Stock turbines with tires:

20161231_122615_zpsenmkd0pq.jpg

18X9" 2010 GT replica wheel and tire:

20161231_122711_zpsdhihk2ph.jpg

18X10" 2010 GT replica wheel and tire:

20161231_122905_zpsf4fkvxib.jpg

I am not all that concerned with the weight, as I will not be tracking this car at all.

When I went to bolt the wheels on, the rears hit the tail pipes (I already ditched the quads for now). So I got out my BFH, and did some beating. These are still the factory tails, and they showed their age on the driver's side, lol.

20161231_123859_zpsi6suixkz.jpg

Annnnnnnd, the moment of truth. The stance:

20161231_132605_resized_zpscpzrramn.jpg

20161231_132531_resized_zpsivs2c6mg.jpg

I cut a coil off the front springs while I had it all apart, and wanted to set it down before doing anything with the rears. I like where the front is, so I now I just need to try to match the rear, or leave it up slightly in relation to the front. The Ebrake doesnt bite at all, so I need to tighten up the drums. I also need to order lug nuts. If you look closely, I only have 3 lug luts on each wheel, lol. Its not being driven anywhere, I only backed into the street in front of my house to snap a few pics in the daylight. So next order of business is cutting the rear springs, and adjusting the drums. Nice to have the fronts turn out well on the first try.

Hey man, those wheels look great! Where have I seen those before?

Reactions: 1 users