Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

01-20cobra-20fox_zpsl6gdeifi-jpg.575627.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
I'll see your 5 droolie dudes,..and raise you a thumbs up.

Boom!
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :nice:

I didn't even know that you could do that swap to a fox. The only thing I would've done different to that car was to eliminate the cut line in front of the tire....(Why do ya spose he did that?)

** edit,...It looks like that was factory on the SN car?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Can someone help me out and tell me what air dam that is???^^^

It may be obvious, but I'm obviously not used to looking at it..

I'll see your 5 droolie dudes,..and raise you a thumbs up.

Boom!
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :nice:

I didn't even know that you could do that swap to a fox. The only thing I would've done different to that car was to eliminate the cut line in front of the tire....(Why do ya spose he did that?)

I dunno... but this makes me want to molest my calypso car.. (no I'm not going to)

Do you have the answer to my above question?

And the vert above doesn't show it, but this one shows why that body line is in the bumper cover......
Picture_020.jpg

Cause it follows the body line on the rest of the car. I'd be blending that out if I put it on a Fox,...

Reactions: 1 users
That's not a factory lip. It's a 03/04 Mach 1 chin spoiler added to the 99/01 lower bumper.

It was a thing back when I was an SN95 owner. All the cool kids were doing it ;)

The 03/04 Cobra has a different factory lip that really only works with the 03/04 cobra bumper

Funny how I can spot a termi a mile away, but that thing looked totally alien to me.. goes to show how overlooked that car was, huh?
Yeah,...I dont know if it was during the time that SSeater was gone for a while or not, but I contemplated buying both cars while at Carmax. They had a hagged out 01 for 5500, and an equally abused 03 car for 10k at the same time. After driving the 03 though, and hearing the Eaton it was no contest...
But after owning that car for a couple of months, and despite the fact that it was fast,...it was just too much of a piece of white bread for me. I put a clutch and flywheel in it, pulled the engine, resealed all of the damn oil leaks, and performed the 7/8 cooling mod. I did something to the rear end (I forget) and painted the front and rear bumpers. I sold it for 14,500 and bought the Monster the next month.

Yeah,...I dont know if it was during the time that SSeater was gone for a while or not, but I contemplated buying both cars while at Carmax. They had a hagged out 01 for 5500, and an equally abused 03 car for 10k at the same time. After driving the 03 though, and hearing the Eaton it was no contest...
But after owning that car for a couple of months, and despite the fact that it was fast,...it was just too much of a piece of white bread for me. I put a clutch and flywheel in it, pulled the engine, resealed all of the damn oil leaks, and performed the 7/8 cooling mod. I did something to the rear end (I forget) and painted the front and rear bumpers. I sold it for 14,500 and bought the Monster the next month.

I can appreciate that decision, but if I got my hands on a termi, with all of the power potential that engine has.... I'd have to treat it like the dirty nasty girl it is, and do bad, bad, bad things with it. I know a fella putting 50 psi to one.. un-freaking-BELIEVABLE!

I can appreciate that decision, but if I got my hands on a termi, with all of the power potential that engine has.... I'd have to treat it like the dirty nasty girl it is, and do bad, bad, bad things with it. I know a fella putting 50 psi to one.. un-freaking-BELIEVABLE!
I was just looking back at my old threads for corroboration of the event..
Seems the non-termi Cobra was a 98 car,...and the 03 car I bought actually cost me 11,700.00 after taxes and fees. (I knew that I didn't make that much money when I sold it),...Cause I remember pssing off the wife when I took the profit's from that 500 hp yellow car, and bought the current 88 hp yellow car.. She wasn't pssed that I spent the money on a ugly fairmont,....she didn't like that I was digging myself in for another long multi year, and multi thousand dollar build as a result.

In hindsight (pay attention here Nick @95BlueStallion),....Cause this is how these things go....

I'll bet that there could've been TWO of those 11,700.00 termi's sitting in the garage right now, as opposed to one orange reptile and I'd OWN them,..

** and when you look back at my old stuff,......I WAS a much nicer guy..

Come on....cut the bumper already:cool:

Only thing I wish I would've done different is drilled 3 small holes about an inch up from the corner of the bumper and cut slits to them to relieve the stress of the molded bumper corner bulge. I think it would've helped with epoxying the bumper on. It would've allowed the curved edge to straighten out behind the cobra bumper- giving more contact area to adhere to.

Waiting for my source to snap of pic of the bumper he has for me to see the condition its in. May go get it this weekend if its not completely torn to hell.

@Boosted92LX , I saw that $1400 bumper in my search. There is also a $350 (before shipping) fiberglass aftermarket version, but I dont want to dick around with fiberglass. If I keep the bumper as whole as @90sickfox and that guy with the silver 4 eye did, I will smooth out the SN body line. I have no idea why the guy with the 4 eye didnt, honestly. I am contemplating a couple different ways of attempting it though. Just need to hear back from my source whether the bumper he has is workable, or order a cheap aftermarket one since I am just slicing and dicing. Hell, it very well may end up stacked on top of my '11's factory hood I cut up and never finished. But I have a feeling I will have more patience with plastic and epoxy then I did with metal, welding and warpage.

I was just looking back at my old threads for corroboration of the event..
Seems the non-termi Cobra was a 98 car,...and the 03 car I bought actually cost me 11,700.00 after taxes and fees. (I knew that I didn't make that much money when I sold it),...Cause I remember pssing off the wife when I took the profit's from that 500 hp yellow car, and bought the current 88 hp yellow car.. She wasn't pssed that I spent the money on a ugly fairmont,....she didn't like that I was digging myself in for another long multi year, and multi thousand dollar build as a result.

In hindsight (pay attention here Nick @95BlueStallion),....Cause this is how these things go....

I'll bet that there could've been TWO of those 11,700.00 termi's sitting in the garage right now, as opposed to one orange reptile and I'd OWN them,..

** and when you look back at my old stuff,......I WAS a much nicer guy..

I am sure you are right about that. But even when I had a perfectly good 420+ hp 2011 GT, I still spent $6K and many hours modifying it because none of us can honestly just leave any Mustang (Fairmont) as is. I never should have upgraded the brakes on the '89, because it lost its "exactly like high school" look, and thus has already thrown me for a tizzy of what do I do, what do I do...