NikwoaC's "Commitment Issues" Engine Build

That is a valid point, they were iron. Very, very worked iron. But you still arent going past 12 with alum without det problems..on 93 octane anyway.

• Sponsors (?)

So this happened last night:

IMG_20130710_185718_615_zps721a4539.jpg

IMG_20130710_193556_790_zps418fae78.jpg

...Finally.

I don't want to jump the gun, but drove the car some last night, and then drove it to work this morning in rush hour traffic. NO tuning changes, didn't even check TPS voltage.

ZERO change in drivability. NO problems with low speed, part throttle operation. You could drive this thing in a walking parade if you wanted to.

BTW, this is a 90mm Accufab in case you haven't guessed already. Previous throttle body (as seen above), that I had been running for years on two different engine combos and 3 different intakes, was a 70mm BBK.

This is of course on my 302.

I know I'm not the first dude to put a 90 on a 302, but this is just one more data point as to why you should never waste money on a tiny throttle body.

What if you were to slap a 90mm on a bone stock 5.0?

I'm sure it's been done before

Wouldn’t work, because the 90mm opening completely engulfs where the EGR passages would be.

For the record, I’m not saying that everybody needs to go out and buy a 90mm TB. Really, you shouldn’t use a TB any bigger than your intake is designed for or has been modified to accept. But IMO you REALLY shouldn’t undersize your throttle body for concerns of drivability, etc. because in my experience so far, it just ain’t true.

Sorry, what was the need to swap to a 90MM? Too big a TB will result in decreased part throttle response and MPG with no increase in performance.

1. Because a 351 build is in the works, on which most of my current top end will end up.

2. Because I’m always questioning what is accepted as “true” information. In my experience so far, this 90mm is not “too big” enough to cause any of the symptoms you are stating.

Hmm....I'm about ready to junk the 70mm BBK unit I have, the IAC holes are becoming stripped after changing it half a dozen or more times..... might have to look into whether it will fit on the Edelbrock intake I have or will need massaging...

LO
So this happened last night:

IMG_20130710_185718_615_zps721a4539.jpg

IMG_20130710_193556_790_zps418fae78.jpg

...Finally.

I don't want to jump the gun, but drove the car some last night, and then drove it to work this morning in rush hour traffic. NO tuning changes, didn't even check TPS voltage.

ZERO change in drivability. NO problems with low speed, part throttle operation. You could drive this thing in a walking parade if you wanted to.

BTW, this is a 90mm Accufab in case you haven't guessed already. Previous throttle body (as seen above), that I had been running for years on two different engine combos and 3 different intakes, was a 70mm BBK.

This is of course on my 302.

I know I'm not the first dude to put a 90 on a 302, but this is just one more data point as to why you should never waste money on a tiny throttle body.

So when am I gonna see this pile at the track?!

Finally! Someone who picks up on my humor.

So when am I gonna see this pile at the track?!

Man, I dunno, and I've been itching for it. LORP is closed until the 24th I believe, but even then it's been crazy hot and my car doesn't have AC.

Whenever I do, I'm gonna try to drag along my buddies with a WRX and a 'Speed Miata so we can have a tubro-noise :poo: show haha.

Finally! Someone who picks up on my humor.

Man, I dunno, and I've been itching for it. LORP is closed until the 24th I believe, but even then it's been crazy hot and my car doesn't have AC.

Whenever I do, I'm gonna try to drag along my buddies with a WRX and a 'Speed Miata so we can have a tubro-noise **** show haha.

Cool, lmk I can prolly pull something out and go play too lol.