nitrous not working...95 GT 5.0, dry kit..help??

Robbie

May 3, 2005
Installed a Zex dry kit on a buddies 95 Gt. Everything is ran correctly and it is spraying at WOT but were not feeling the boost. We have the 100 shot jets in right now. The Zex box is supposed to raise the fuel pressure accordingly while spraying by having a vacume line running from the FPR to the box then from the box to the intake manifold vacume port that the FPR was hooked to. The max fuel pressure im getting at idle is 35 and it goes to 40psi max when we rev to redline. Any ideas? We have colder plugs gapped at .35 and a fuel pump booster installed.

• Sponsors (?)

Robbie said:
Installed a Zex dry kit on a buddies 95 Gt. Everything is ran correctly and it is spraying at WOT but were not feeling the boost. We have the 100 shot jets in right now. The Zex box is supposed to raise the fuel pressure accordingly while spraying by having a vacume line running from the FPR to the box then from the box to the intake manifold vacume port that the FPR was hooked to. The max fuel pressure im getting at idle is 35 and it goes to 40psi max when we rev to redline. Any ideas? We have colder plugs gapped at .35 and a fuel pump booster installed.

sell it and get a NX or NOS wet kit

Did you open up the bottle valve?:D j/k

I'm not really familiar with the Zex kits, but I do have a NOS dry kit. Your fuel pressure should definitely be higher than 40psi. Do you have any safety switches installed like a rpm window switch or a minimum fuel pressure switch? How are you measuring the fuel pressure when the nitrous is active, I mean are you driving the car with the system active and watching a guage as you press the button? What is your bottle pressure?

I got this from the Zex website for the dry v8 kit- not sure how 'smart' this kit is or how it works.
ZEX Nitrous Systems have an advanced, patented feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel. The engine never runs too rich or too lean when engaging the nitrous system.

Take the intake tube off with the nozzle in it and activate the switch to make it spray. If it dosent spray, Check the bottle valve then the wireing. If it dose spray, make sure the nozzle is pointed to the intake manifold and if you still don't see and feel that 100 shot, get bigger jets.