Nitrous on Stock Engine

89GTpwr

Feb 23, 2008
Hey,

Im considering purchasing a nitrous kit for my 89 mustang, and was lookin at either the NOS wet kit or the ZEX wet kit. ..however i am just wondering if i can spray a very stock motor.. the only thing i have done to the motor is CAI and headers/catback exhaust. So now i am wondering if i can just bolt on a nitrous kit and run it safely with a stock fuel pump and stock timming equipment... I dont want to have to buy a new fuel pump and some fancy MSD timming box for it. If you guys think it would be safe how much could i shoot ? ..I was hopping for a 100 shot... or maybee 150 shot would be nice.

What do you guys think?

Thank-you very much for any advice.

• Sponsors (?)

i would not use the stock pump. i did a 93 motor and they dont have good pistons in that year. the car had flow masters, drive shaft, and a crank pulley. i was spraying 125 shot. it did a 12.18 @???. did did not have a box or anything else timing was @ 12 and it was a 5 speed car tko tranny. iwould not go over 125 with out a fuel pressure reg

Back in the mid 90s I knew a guy in Tacoma that ran a 250 shot on a stock 91 LX. Was great he ran a 14 sec 1/4 at 115 yea he smoked the tires till he hit 3rd. Now I am not saying thats safe but I know he ran it like that for about 2 years.