nitrous plate Q?

04gtdrop

Jun 10, 2005
Sac, CA
ok, so who makes the nitrous kit that uses the plate. i think the plate site's between the plenum and manifold.

also if you use the plate system, is that dry or wet?

also upto what temp can the bottle handle? i mean here in SAC, during the summer it gets pretty hot, like 100, 110. and winter time it drops to like 40 or so. what will happen to the bottle during the range of temps???

and how is the plate different from a nozzle system? who makes them? thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know who makes them for 4.6ers, but i know that NX and NOS use a plate spacer type for 5.0's.

i believe when you are just using nitrous by itself and are putting it before the intake manifold, its constituted as a dry shot. a wet shot means its injected into direct airflow with fuel, either by using a Y that sticks the nitrous line and fuel line into the injector(like a NOSzle), or using seperate injector and fuel rail setup. something like that, been a while since i brushed up on my nitrous 101.

A dry shot only injects NO2, a wet shot does that plus adds "extra" fuel so you don't go lean when on the juice. I don't know of any plate systems for the 4.6 they either inject in front of the TB or Plenum or the NOSzle which injects to each cylinder. I'm in the Fresno area so I know all about the temps you mention and changes in bottle temperature = changes in bottle pressure that's what warmers are used for to keep the temp/pressure consistant. I'm looking into the ZEX (#82023) wet kit it uses a controller that works with your TPS and senses bottle pressure and injects NOS accordingly from what I've heard and read it's one of the safer kits to run.

great, thanks to all of you for the info...

one last question, would the plate system be considered a "dry" kit?

jeffnoel, yeah the temps vary a lot. what if it gets TOO hot though? how much heat can the bottle/system handle???? anyome know? thx again...good info

No a plate system doesn't mean it's dry, if it only injects NO2 and no extra fuel it's dry. Again not speaking from experience but learning from research the bottles have a pressure relief to bleed excess bottle pressure.

How much pressure builds up under heat is directly related to how full the tank is. I live in Texas so it get really hot here. If I have a full tank and my car has been sitting in the sun all day I have seen pressure reading as high as 1400psi. Its not a good idea to spray under this kind of pressure as with a wet system the fuel nozzle will still be spraying the same amount of fuel while the nitrous will be coming out ALOT faster causing a lean condition and .... BOOM!

Basically in a nutshell the more nitrous in the bottle the higher the pressure is to begin with and the higher it will get when heat is added. Optimum psi to spray is dependant on your tune but most guys tune to between 950psi and 1200psi. The more pressure you have the more TRQ you will get but you will also usually be a little more lean so you have to find a balance.

Pressure gauge = mandatory.

Hope this helped. :nice:

always better to run a wet kit. i doubt there is a plate dry kit due top the fact dry kits are supposed to be mounted in front of mass air flow so that it can read the air travelling in and adjust the am\out of fuel the injector\s deliver.