Nitrous Spinouts? Traction?

UserName

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2001
Deland, Florida
How much would a stock 2.3L (88HP) T5 spin in first gear with a 50 shot of Nitrous?

I did a T5 swap a ranger header and a pvc intake along with some weight reductions etc (see http://www.ford23.com/shade/project90mods.html) and now i spinout in first gear chirp in second and if im dogging it out almost a small chirp in 3rd gear......and i plan on porting my head, camming it, settin' up exaust, and a Nitrous kit in the near future (50-75 shot)......

So what can i do to gain traction ..... besides street slicks lol :p

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think your gonna get much useful info here, it's completely relative. Your tire brand, outside temp, driving style. I mean geez, not to mention since your n/a you don't really have to drop the clutch that hard, so maybe learn to launch and it don't matter what you do to your car.

I mean geez, not to mention since your n/a you don't really have to drop the clutch that hard, so maybe learn to launch

Damn that was cold.....
I wasn't trying to act like im fast maybe you got the wrong idea here, i'm not dropping my clutch im letting out on it and hitting the gas pedal to the floor, atleast im not trying to drop the clutch... so if i am im not much..... right now i don't spinout all that much i just get a nice chirp out of second.. i just had thought if i have some other stuff done (like nitrous) im gonna mad spinout in first gear and it seems a pain to try and use it in 2nd, i just figured maybe if i did some traction mods more like 5.0s or drag cars that maybe i could hit nitrous in first gear and it be more usable off the line..... :shrug:

UserName said:
Damn that was cold.....

Sorry man, wasn't looking to insult you. I'm just sayin, even if your abusing your car with nitrous at low RPM's, then I don't think I'd worry about "mad spinning." I don't personally own a fast car, but my friends 86gt with some mods is pretty fun, and yeah if he wants he can spin right through 3 gears, but he can also back off a little at the right time, and launch well, it's all in the right and left foot . Track lock would definately help, in the form of a TC rear end or just find the right part from an aerostar I believe, someone smarter should correct me here.