Nitrous Wiring?

Jwint86062

Jan 22, 2008
29 Palms, CA
What’s up,
I have a 91 LX 5.0, a ZEX kit and a MSD digital 6. Having some problems too. Everything is installed including the purge kit but there are two wires I don’t really know where to put. One is the 12 volt for the MSD it’s supposed to go to the ignition switch I believe and the other is the arming switch for the ZEX kit. The instructions don’t really make it clear as to how it goes so I figured I’d ask you guys on the forum. The arm switch for the juice doesn’t engage it either it just arms it. WOT engages it and that is wired correctly. The Zex kit is not getting power at the arming switch and the MSD is getting power from the battery. I thought if I used the 12 volt from the MSD and spliced it to the ZEX kit and then ran a connector to the arm switch it would get power when I turn the key "ON" and the arm switch “ON”, But it doesn’t. As of now it is disconnected. Any suggestions besides call a professional?

• Sponsors (?)

Both need to be wired to a 12v Ignition Source. The Zex Unit has 3 wires, One for TPS which is the activation, One For Power, And One For Ground. When you turn on the Nitrous it will learn the TPS signal and when you go WOT bam there it is. The MSD unit also needs to be wired to a 12v source and not the battery. I hope this helps some as it is hard to read your post, sorry.

I over think a lil sorry about the sloppy post. There is a heavy red wire off the MSD going to the power source and a pink wire that goes to the ignition switch im pretty sure. Off the zex unit I have a toggle to arm it. the unit and switch are not getting power.