No cats (dealership f*cked me )

So I bought this mustang from a dealership. It’s s550 model 10spd. Came with manufacture warranty & everything. So it’s a big dealer ship so I didn’t bother checking anything. A year l8ter I installed a x pipe & while doing it my mechanic pointed out there’s no cats
Right photo : driver side / left photo : passenger side

I was reading about the o2 sensors did this existing own use them ? Im new to all this modding :poo: .
I haven emission testing were I live and I gotta pass by Jan 8 2022 . Idek what to do dealer won’t install them . A tuner won’t get it off . I’m in nc rdu area , any tips would be :leghump:ing amazing guys I’m so ****

• Sponsors (?)

If the check engine light isn't on they are either turned off in the computer programming or there are cat delete things plugged in the o2 sensor plugs. Sometimes people will use plug non foulers in the non catted pipe. You may be able to find someone local on a forum or FB group that may let you use or rent their stock catalytic converters and pipe.

If the check engine light isn't on they are either turned off in the computer programming or there are cat delete things plugged in the o2 sensor plugs. Sometimes people will use plug non foulers in the non catted pipe. You may be able to find someone local on a forum or FB group that may let you use or rent their stock catalytic converters and pipe.
It’s on rn

They’re installed too already idk why the CEL came on , it came on after I installed rhe x pipe
E329E9D6-45B5-490F-B3A4-ADBEB96EB859.jpeg

Attachments

• DA07D582-B305-4EF5-8B6F-C146AA551AB9.jpeg
    DA07D582-B305-4EF5-8B6F-C146AA551AB9.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 39
Understood, probably a P0420 and P0430, but want to be sure. If those are the only codes you are getting (and getting both of them), then you're probably going to have to get some different length, or adjustable, spark plug non-foulers to try to trick the rear 02's into believing your cats are there. When you changed to the x-pipe it must have changed the way your rear 02's are reading the exhaust stream. As far as I know you can't get a tuner to disable the rear 02's and pass emissions.

They also make 02 simulators, but I've never used one of them and they are pricy compared to the non-foulers.

Reactions: 1 user
Understood, probably a P0420 and P0430, but want to be sure. If those are the only codes you are getting (and getting both of them), then you're probably going to have to get some different length, or adjustable, spark plug non-foulers to try to trick the rear 02's into believing your cats are there. When you changed to the x-pipe it must have changed the way your rear 02's are reading the exhaust stream. As far as I know you can't get a tuner to disable the rear 02's and pass emissions.

They also make 02 simulators, but I've never used one of them and they are pricy compared to the non-foulers.
So what u think I should do?

So what u think I should do?
If I was in your situation, I would order a set of adjustable anti-foulers and see if you can get your current setup to work. The ultimate fix is to reinstall the cats, but I would be trying the easy fix first. Vibrant has an adjustable that come with 3 orifice discs. There might be others.

Last edited: