No compression in 6, new engine?

Bonk

Jul 2, 2005
I'll start from the begging where it all started, my girlfriends brother took his 2000 mustang to a tuffy auto shop for a problem that his gas pedal was not returning to the original position. He doesn't speak english very well and when shop called him they talked him into a tune up with out him knowing what they meant.

Well after that, the car ran like crap, me and his sister drove across the state to help him out with it and to me it sounded like it was not firing in a cylinder, on my advice we took it to pep boys to have an engine diagnosis done. They came back to us saying it has a hole in the piston and a bent valve but only saying that it had no compression on #6 and it needs a new or rebuilt motor.

I started thinking that the 1st tune up with new spark plugs might damaged that cylinder if not put in right. But pep boys would have taken that plug out to test the compression and should have noticed that it was not right. After searching it some i found a guy with the same sort of thing happen to him. For him it was a broken intake valve spring. I'm going up next week to take a look under valve cover.

But do you guys think the first shop is liable for anything on this situation, they said after the tune up it needed a new right exhaust manifold costing 199.95 and installation would be 196.00 along with a gasket for 34.98, or just weld the old manifold. The codes they pulled were P1132, P1138, P1158 and P0306.... I'm thinking if it's not firing on #6 then the other codes would be a result of that indicating that it's rich.

Thanks for reading this long post guys!

• Sponsors (?)