No electrical power

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
Couple years ago I purchased a COpart auction car from an individual for a 5 spd swap. Car is a 2000 v6. Ended up not pulling the trans and now I'm trying to get the car running. My issues arise when I put a hot battery on the car and no power is getting past the distribution box under hood to the rest of the car. I've visually checked the wiring under dash and in the drivers fender well and nothing broken or frayed. All connections are made and secure but I'm baffled about this. I've looked up layouts and cannot find a relay or fuse that controls this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nate

• Sponsors (?)

Just wondering. Do the head lights work? Do the brake lights work?

You can't find a relay or fuse that controls everything because there really isn't one. With the exception of GROUND(s). Followed by the main fusible link.

I have no power at all. Tried googling and all I can come up with is the CCRM. Dont really want to throw money at it by way of a shop but I have quiet a few parts laying around. Could the CCRM being fried cause my no power issue?

Tried googling and all I can come up with is the CCRM
THIS IS WRONG!!! The head lights do not go through the CCRM. Soooooooooooooooooooooo If the head lights do not work, how could this be a CCRM problem? Not possible.

The head lights are on a "always on" circuit. So if the head lights do not work and there's nothing in the car with power, THEN the focus should be on something BASIC:
  • battery
  • battery terminals
  • battery cables.
  • grounds. Radiator core support and motor itself.
  • white fusible link in the main B+ battery cable.
  • Battery junction box (BJB) main terminal stud under BJB.

Terminal stud on the dis box does wiggle a little but does not spin as in not broken.......... battery was fully charged (came off of my GT)...... no breaks or cracks in the engine to body ground....... I have a spare battery harness laying around that is unbroken and has no cracks, should this be my next course of action? the fusable link is built into that harness as well.

Terminal stud on the dis box does wiggle a little but does not spin as in not broken
High current connections MUST be CLEAN and TIGHT. Seems short sighted to ignore a loose heavy current terminal. Plus consider that all of the individual wires in the BJB are under a single stud. So if stud spins this could cause the wires under the stud to be pulled out.

Here's some information on how to use the voltage drop method to test a connection so that you can know for certain.

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test

Or use an automotive test light to probe from the battery positive towards the various points to see if the location of the break down can be found.

Last edited: