No Fire

JJC

Feb 1, 2014
Alright I got a 97 mustang gt that I just did the headgaskets on an got it all together now I'm not getting any fire from the plugs I'm thinking it might be either the crankshaft or cam sensor that's screwing up but not sure anyone else run into this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

I always go back to check I put everything back together correctly when an issue pops up after doing some work. It is very unlikely that a new issue popped up when you had the car down for repair. Not that it couldn't happen but I'd go back over it to see if there is something you missed. Does it turn over?

For the GT, if the only thing wrong is a bad cam sensor, the motor will still start.

A bad, disconnected, or incorrectly installed crank sensor (CKP) could cause a no start with no spark. There are also other possible causes for a crank with no start.

If this were my car, as has been suggested, re-check the work. Check all fuses and GROUNDS.

Then I would check for +12 volts with the key on to the red ignition wire. IMO the easiest place to check is at the ignition interference capacitors. If no voltage is present, STOP and find out why as it will never start.