No Interior Lights at all Please help any advise

unirok

Oct 6, 2011
I have a 2003 Mustang GT Premium with automatic. headlights and tailights work fine. problem is the interior lights when you open any door do not work neither do the vanity mirror lights or the trunk lights. The car has the mach 1000 audio system and the head unit was dead. I removed it and put in and aftermarket unit but still no interor lights. All fuses have been checked and look fine. is there a ground somewhere i could be missing?

• Sponsors (?)

The interior lights are controlled by the GEM. Guess where the GEM is grounded? Behind the center console at the same location the radio is. IMO, the center console is a great place to start looking.

Thank you that will be a great help. I will have to do a search for GEM to see what it looks like and look inot this. Thanks

The interior lights are controlled by the GEM. Guess where the GEM is grounded? Behind the center console at the same location the radio is. IMO, the center console is a great place to start looking.

Here is a pic of the GEM ( a black box, truly), and its innards. Really, since all the components are soldered directly to the circuit board, any mods/fixes would be difficult. Looks like a timer of some sort, and a CPU/PROM/FPGA device plus a few memory chips and support circuitry.

Did you fix your problem with your interior lights ?

Attachments

• GEM_Blackbox.JPG
    GEM_Blackbox.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 92
  • GEM_circuit_board.JPG
    GEM_circuit_board.JPG
    374.3 KB · Views: 98