No Leather?

Still Bill

Oct 25, 2014
Washington State.
When I ordered my 2015 V6 I originally wanted to get it with a leather interior, but was told that it was not an available option. I am brand new to ordering a car so I don't get it. How come no leather for the base model if I am willing to spend the cash? It's not like they aren't already designed to fit?

Just curious is all. The cloth seats were comfortable, just not gonna be as easy to keep clean or have that leather smell.

• Sponsors (?)

Ah, I see. Corporate America and the almighty dollar rears its' ugly head again. What's next? Soon V8 power plants will be on the endangered species list no doubt. Sad really that ford is shooing away so many potential mustang buyers that cannot afford the GT model or most likely the Ecoboost models. You can be dang sure that the price will not stay where it currently is for the 4 cylinder cars. Sad, just sad.

When I was of driving age in high school, pretty much any enterprising young driver if employed could work out something with payments to get their Mustang. I don't see that happening for very many up and coming young enthusiasts at the current price point, let alone where it is headed.

Sorry for the rant, but I had suspected the V6 was going away. I have seen people do so much with a V6.

You would have had to order a 400a or 401a package to get the leather but that also upgrades the car to a "Premium" model. No base model mustang has available leather. That is standard on the "Premium" models though

Ah, I see. Corporate America and the almighty dollar rears its' ugly head again. What's next? Soon V8 power plants will be on the endangered species list no doubt. Sad really that ford is shooing away so many potential mustang buyers that cannot afford the GT model or most likely the Ecoboost models. You can be dang sure that the price will not stay where it currently is for the 4 cylinder cars. Sad, just sad.

When I was of driving age in high school, pretty much any enterprising young driver if employed could work out something with payments to get their Mustang. I don't see that happening for very many up and coming young enthusiasts at the current price point, let alone where it is headed.

Sorry for the rant, but I had suspected the V6 was going away. I have seen people do so much with a V6.
As with all things, the prices are definitely increasing for our beloved mustangs - but to fair, they aren't up much over the last generation (and we get a lot of new things)

Reactions: 1 user