No power to fuel pump relay HELP!!

88hatchblack

Jul 25, 2004
Willard, Ohio
I have a slightly modified, mass air converted 88 GT hatch; here's my problem: no power going to the fuel pump relay to make it click. when i turn the key, the chimes and lights come on, but the fuel pump does not. i have a fuel pressure guage, and when i try to start the car it sputters and won't start, but the fuel pressure goes up. i used a multimeter to check the voltages going to the relay under the seat, and there is nothing going to the red and black wire that (i think?) powers the relay. there is also no power at the inertia switch. the EEC relay clicks, buy it is the only one. the relay on the passenger side fender in the engine compartment does not click, and has no voltage at all going to it. i've checked and sanded all my grtounds and battery connections, got a new starter solenoid, and checked all the connections to it, still nothing. there is a 12 volt going to the fuel pump relay, but it isn't the one that powers it. PLEASE HELP!! i don't know what else to try. a fusable link maybe? I DON"T KNOW!!! HELP,PLEASE!!

• Sponsors (?)