No Question About The 2015 Crash Worthyness

• Sponsors (?)

Car ran 10.20's consistently so while it didn't look fast compared to the other guy I bet he was moving along very fast. Was on drag radials and they went up in smoke on that pass is what I've read from friends who were there to witness it. Just goes to show that it can happen to anyone at anytime.

He looks like he might be doing around 40 or so when he hit. He didn't look to get going that fast; the turn and braking slowed him down a little. But man, what a cringe I felt watching that video. These Mustangs are built very well though, for sure.

I hit a guy doing a solid 45-50 head on in my '13. Pulled right out in front of me. Only got to brake for a second or less. This is the damage it caused. I honestly didn't feel a thing and didn't feel the gravity of the situation until later that day. Then it hit me just how lucky I was.

B9SpJwigGcNnpC9XNwh9X68jntPOH-6vlXNuwPcyA5I=w1091-h818-no

VfzyD3CBpe56d1nHCTng--Y3MSC84DqOB6O9pors1bI=w614-h818-no

^ Wow that sucks, glad you didn't get hurt. I agree he probably wasn't going much faster then you, but there is a big difference between hitting another vehicle and hitting a concrete wall. You sent that truck flying, and that dissipated some of the energy of the collision, that wall didn't budge so all that energy had to be absorbed by the Mustang.
BTW what the hell are your hood vents made off?
And I can't believe is spelled worthiness wrong, wtf ? :doh: Is there a way to fix that?

Last edited:
There sure is a big difference in the way cars are constructed now as compared to years ago..... That 2015 is trashed, I mean totally destroyed and not even close to repairable!
I would venture to guess that the car was going well above 60 mph when this all went down. In comparison, several years back my foxbody went into the wall in a very similar fashion at 150mph. While the car was torn up and had the frame layed over more than 3"s it was still very repairable and 3 months later was back at the track ;) I appreciate what the manufactures do to make the cars fold up but it really does create a car that needs to be thrown out rather than repaired.

After a 150mph hit: Car nosed into the wall and spun around a few times before stopping (caused from an engine failure not the driver lol)
crash4.jpg
IMG_20130903_204558_930.jpg

IMG_20140117_243015292.jpg

And finished better than new... lets see someone fix that poor dudes S550:O_o:
IMG_20140221_200955381.jpg

^ Wow that sucks, glad you didn't get hurt. I agree he probably wasn't going much faster then you, but there is a big difference between hitting another vehicle and hitting a concrete wall. You sent that truck flying, and that dissipated some of the energy of the collision, that wall didn't budge so all that energy had to be absorbed by the Mustang.
BTW what the hell are your hood vents made off?
And I can't believe is spelled worthiness wrong, wtf ? :doh: Is there a way to fix that?

Haha, yeah, they don't seem to be mounted in very well and the mount breaks before the vents break. I don't think they are much more than plastic with maybe a little aluminum. They are the stock vents too. I think they estimated like 19.5k in repairs, so they totaled it.

I think those concrete walls being angled at the bottom helped some too. Allowed the car to transfer some of it's energy upwards to where gravity helps slow it down a little, but not much, haha. Better than running into a solid flat concrete wall.

"Doesn't slow down despite obvious brake application". That's why I don't like abs. In the old days when you start to loose it you locked them up. You mite spin but you would still go in the same general direction you where heading. With abs, once you start sliding, it thinks your on ice and unlocks the brakes on you. Always pull the fuse on abs at the track so you can stay off the guard rail.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5