Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
Florence, Az
(Originally posted by StangGT1995)

We've been seeing an increasing number of classified ads in the forums lately and they need to stop. Mike Raburn doesn't want the classified ads in the regular discussion forums, so we need to ask that everyone abide by this rule.

Just to be sure there is no question, the StangNet Terms of Service state that there are only three places in which you can post a classified ad:
1. Regional Forums classified sections
2. National Classifieds
3. Your signature for a one-time sale
To those of you who report these posts, thank you for following the rules that Mike has put in place for the forums, and for making this the best Mustang community on the internet! :nice:

This also includes "What's it worth" threads as these can be used as a sneaky way of soliciting buyers.

EDIT: This also includes "Looking to buy" threads. It's just as easy to post a WTB ad in Classifieds.

• Sponsors (?)

~FrankenStang~ said:
This also includes "What's it worth" threads as these can be used as a sneaky way of soliciting buyers.
To clarify, you may not ask "what's it worth" about your own car. If you're attempting to gauge a consensus on the value of a car you're interested in purchasing, this rule is not applicable.

Edit by FastDriver: And I'm going to clarify this a bit further since this is a pet-peeve of mine. If you intend to "gauge a consensus on the value of a car you're interested in purchasing," you may not link to the original ad. List the details here and ask what it's worth. This will prevent someone from listing their own car and asking what it's worth to gain publicity for the car.

As always, posts with links to ebay or other advertisements will be under the scrutiny of the moderators and we reserve the right to remove them if they are suspicious.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.