No Spark - Ignition Problem

Mavrick

Founding Member
Aug 29, 2002
Collingwood, ON
Car is a 94 GT and i've got a no start problem.

Major static on the radio recently, soon after static was noticed ignition module failed. Replaced module and car ran normal for 3 months... reduced static on radio. Have replaced this module twice, and it runs for a while and then randomly stalls out again.

Have also replaced cap, rotor, plugs, wires.. Car is only driven in the summer.. stored in the winter. Running out of idea's and i need some help. Getting tired of this car stalling out all the time.

• Sponsors (?)

So it stalls when the temps under the hood go up?? Or does it stall even when cold?? A known problem on the 94/95 5.0 is the stupid PIP Stator or Halls effect taking a poop and randomly leaving you stranded (been there done that). Easly solution is to just replace the dizzy, some people have just replaced the PIP/Halls effect but most end up breaking the sproket trying to press it out.

Does it have the ignition noise suppression filter? How is the coil doing? Got a spare to swap it with?

Good luck.

Coil is putting out strong sparks, not sure on the noise suppression filter. Any more info on this filter?

Update.. the next day, the car fired right back up. Could the dizzy itself cause such an intermittant problem?

The filer is the little cylinder mounted on the backside of the coil bracket. I was just making sure it was present.

Just to confirm, this isnt an idle setting issue, right? You lose spark, injector pulsing, fuel pressure, etc, which keeps it from restarting?
Otherwise, I'd simply clean the IAC and adjust the idle.

Good luck Mav.

Mavrick said:
Have replaced this module twice, and it runs for a while and then randomly stalls out again.
This may be an oversimplified response, but are you using a good quality dielectric grease under the module?

Radio static may be a bad ground.

Juat a couple thoughts.