Suspension No sway bars? Sloppy handling

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
My 93 has a MM K member, Lakewood 90/10 and coilovers. It has no front (or rear) sway bar. I replaced the front skinnies with some 15x7 rims instead of the 15x3.5. It handles a bit better with the new, wider tires/rims, but seems sloppy still. Would I be able to add an OEM sway bar? Would adding a rear one help too? The car was initially set up as more of a drag car when I got it, and now it's more of a street car.

• Sponsors (?)

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Get struts for your coil overs that are for the street. Contact MM about a sway bar mount for your k member and install a rear sway bar.

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Sounds like the car was completely set up for drag racing.

What control arms are on the car? Some do not have the provisions for the sway bar endlinks, so you need to check this first.

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Yes, I do see sway bar mounts in that picture.

The Frame mounts for the seat bar are also visible. The flat red mounting pad on the left side of the photo is a mount.

You need the mounting brackets, bushings, sway bar and a pair of endlinks

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
Find a sway bar at the junkyard, craigslist or ebay.
Believe it or not, it probably won't cost arm and a leg to get shipped to you.
Somehow ebay shippers ship things like sway bars (I know, I've bought a few) cheaper than I can ship a cell phone.

The sway bar is a good start, but the car is still going to be sloppy with those shocks and springs.

• Agree
Reactions: General karthief

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
It should mount up.
Since it has the mounting points, i'd assume it works.
It's not like there are a lot of styles of rear sway bars that connect to the control arms.

Mustang5L5

Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Yeah, should mount to those arms. The little triangle braces below are the sway bar mounts.

I was going to say find a local FB mustang group and ask if anyone has a pair. I have my rear bar in my basement gathering dust as I'm sure many others as well do

• Agree
Reactions: General karthief