Non H.O. cam with H.O. again..

Moving down my trouble sheet.. lol. Where do I need to post up for blinkers? Blinkers work but when I hit my hazards every flashy light in the cluster including the uh oh lights on bottom flashes.

Make a new thread. Just easier to get others involved. I have wiring diagrams that will help but I’m about to head poolside so I’ll need to pull up later. The hazard switch does run through the turn signal stalk and usually the ussue is a bad stalk

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks all who replied. I will be changing the cam, using one from a 95 5.0 in the local PNP yard. The reason I'm running this combo is you work with what you get within your budget. I will start a separate thread on the build. I just wonder which forum would be right. It's a 62 Falcon with 75 Mustang II front and rear suspension and 80s-90s engine trans and 98 Lincoln Mark VIII interior.

I'll have to track down that thread Mr. Kelley, I'm interested in how it goes. We ran a stock engine from a 95 in my dad's 68 mustang. Only thing we changed was the upper intake to a 90-93 upper just to relocate the breather box. Car ran amazing so I wish you the best with your project sir. I opted for an ecu in mine for same reason, ecu was $50 a new cam isnt so cheap.

Magoo I wanted to go EFI to end cold starts and hopefully get better economy. I've acquired most of the pieces used. The Painless EFI Harness came with a bad A9L and a replacement 8LD set up for MAF and a box of other goodies. The Engine an 88 car (crown vic or town car) came with an AOD that was full of water. I put a rebuild kit in the AOD and tried it behind the 250, no reverse and lots of converter shrapnel after a 10 minute test drive sent me hunting for the 4R70W. Traded the C4 for it. Figured the controller was cheaper than a second rebuild with a converter.

I'm not familiar with the 4R70. It wasn't really an option yet when I converted to 5 speed to reduce costs of rebuild or replace. From what little I read it seems like a really good deal. For a cruiser I think you got a good combo goin on.

Thanks all who replied. I will be changing the cam, using one from a 95 5.0 in the local PNP yard. The reason I'm running this combo is you work with what you get within your budget. I will start a separate thread on the build. I just wonder which forum would be right. It's a 62 Falcon with 75 Mustang II front and rear suspension and 80s-90s engine trans and 98 Lincoln Mark VIII interior.
maybe here?