Noob intro

Potsiewebber1

Feb 14, 2012
Hello everybody I'm an new mustang owner I have a 2000 rpush with the two valve engine and I'm looking for help and advice on how to get crazy horsepower . My goal is to have a built 2 valve motor and eventually supercharge it with lots of boost. If anybody has any suggestions on how to do this or has done it themselves or maybe even has a built engine for sale please let me know [email protected] thanks
James

• Sponsors (?)

What is your budget and intended use for the car? Stick or automatic? What do you mean by "crazy horsepower" and "lots of boost"? These are relative statements. Give us an idea or range you are shooting for.

I'm having some body work on the car done so I will post pics when I get it back. Also it is a 6 speed tranny not sure which one I would guess 03/04 cobra. The highest horses I've had in a car to date is 400 wheel not nearly enough so I am looking for between 500 and 600 whp. I guess boosting will be well over 10 psi. I don't have a fixed budget but I would like to get a used supercharger setup to save on costs. Will a 03/04 cobra stock s/c work on this motor? Also it would be nice to get an already built 2v that may save on cost as well. What is a typical cost of a forged engine build?