NOS timing question

Kr33p

Aug 11, 2006
T3XAS
I was wondering if there is some type of MSD box or other brand that can retard timing without me having to undo the dizzy and setting it for nitrous? BTW would it work if I have the A9L swap? TIA

• Sponsors (?)

I think Mallory has something but all of them are in the same ballpark price wise.

I picked mine up years ago before I had the tweecerR/T to handle timing changes. I paid $301 for it out the door after tax at a local shop. A regular 6AL is not too much cheaper IIRC at around $250. I traded my digital6+ for a 6AL when I got my tweecerR/T as I did not need the function.

bang for the buck all in one get the digital6+.

The Crane Hi-6 is the same thing as the Digital 6, and probably much better quality. I have a digital 6, and I'm on my 3rd or 4th one. Not quite sure, but I know they don't last very long. I think the Hi-6 is a little cheaper too. Unfortunately, at the time I needed the ignition box, the Hi-6 was really expensive, and in so much demand you couldn't get your hands on one very easily. If you don't want any of the other functions you can just get a basic timing retard box like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MSD-...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1950wt_792

Kurt

One thing you do want to do as well is be sure you get a box with a rev limiter.

The factor limiter fuel cut is AWESOME if you are NOT spraying meth/nitrous. When you have a secondary source of fuel you want a spark cut.

Wes