NOS users, Help a noob. Please. I want the right sytem for the track.

CBZGT50

Apr 21, 2005
St Louis area
I have a 93 Cobra and am currently building a custom ABS airbox with a custom fiberglass hood scoup on the top. I have a 90 degree tube coming from the hood to sit in the airbox. I have spoke with a few others, but at this time, everyone is closed.

My questions. Should I mount the Fuel, NOS spray before the TB in my intake behind the mass or would it matter to have it before or after the mass.
2. I am adding a ashtray switch plate. I want to have a purge valve in the air duct vent by the wipers. Does the purge valve make any difference or just waste NOS?

3. How long does a bottle last? How much to refill? Worth buying a second or third bottle on track day. I want to run an electric bottle warmer to the switch plate along with the purge. I want to run a nos switch closer to my hand while racing so I don't have to turn and hit the switch.

4. On a stock cobra, will a 100 shot put me in the tens on my Cobra motor with headers, hpipe and flows? I wan't to know so I can just install a roll cage instead of showing up and being turned away.

Any answers will be much appreciated. I just know nothing about NOS in a racing format.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

1. If you install and spray nitrous before the mass air the mass air will not know how to deal with that much dense air charge. I would do like everyone and either spray right before the throttle body or purchase a dedicated plate to go between your upper and lower intake.
2.Purge will vent any moisture that has formed in the line. Racers that win money do this on a regular basis must do it becuase it works.
3. It depends but I would have a second back up bottle to ease the pain in the a%^ of always being out.
4.I dont think you have to worry about running 10s on that setup unless I have missed something.
Im not trying to be a di$% but its the best way for me to explain myself.

1. I run a wet plate kit with the plate between the upper and lower intake. If you want to run a different kind of wet kit I would highly recommend a window switch so that you do not engage the nitrous at too low of an RPM. Fuel puddling and backfire in an upper intake is a BAD thing. EFI upper intakes are designed to flow air not and air fuel mixture. I have my window switch set at 3000 rpm on 5800 off
2. A purge is good to have but not necessary. It can be added later. As stated it clears the line of moisture and ensures that you have a full shot of nitrous right at the solenoid
3. Not sure how long a bottle lasts as I haven't run through mine yet. Only been to the track and sprayed it once. It also depends on how large of a shot you are running. Around here a refill runs between 25-28 bux.
A bottle heater is good to have it keeps the nitrous at the optimum temp and keeps the pressure up. The colder the bottle gets the lower your nitrous pressure. So with low nitrous pressure you don't have as much nitrous but the same amount of fuel thus creating a rich condition. The bottle heater and the purge will help the kit reach it full potential.

Here is how I have my kit wired up. I have an arming switch so that I can disable the nitrous system completes. Then I have a WOT microswitch which goes through an MSD window switch. This actuates a relay which energizes the nitrous and fuel solenoids. So for my set up to spray I have to have the arming switch on and it will only spray at WOT between 3000 and 5800 RPM

4. Will this kit put you in the 10s? I don't think that it will with the mods that you have listed. But it will be a kick in the ass that is for certain.