NOT AGAIN!!!!!

ncaruso

Founding Member
Apr 15, 1999
Bloomfield, CT
This is the third flat tire I've gotten in this car in the first year. I almost never had a flat in 50 years of driving. Do they put powerful magnets in these tires that attrack screws and nails? Plus - no spare tire sucks !!!

t8IzGqXkTQVuBkfUZCOgKJO-dg&_nc_ht=scontent.fzty1-1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Ain't gonna lie, that sucks. Been there too, had a BMW that did that, spent 4500 or so on the tires, had the car in the shop on a monthly basis, and a set of cracked rims put me over the top. I wouldn't say your car was cursed, but, I wouldn't not say it's cursed.

Whatever put the hole in it popped back out. They had to patch it instead of plugging it. Hope it holds. I drove up to Lake George and back this weekend and it seemed fine. I'm thinking of picking up a wheel and tire for a spare so I don't need to get towed next time. Anybody do that with a PP1 car?

Whatever put the hole in it popped back out. They had to patch it instead of plugging it. Hope it holds. I drove up to Lake George and back this weekend and it seemed fine. I'm thinking of picking up a wheel and tire for a spare so I don't need to get towed next time. Anybody do that with a PP1 car?

Patch preferred, plug if patch isn't the simplest option. It will hold the life of the tire unless botched by knuckle draggers.

They had to patch it instead of plugging it.

Very few shops plug or patch tires anymore, most use a combination repair like what is in the picture below. It's the safest and most permanent option, as well as the current industry standard.

0919190439.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Never seen one like that. What's it called or a link?

Not the exact same insert, but the same type of insert. On the one I posted the picture on, the metal sleeve is what you use to pull it through instead of a metal tip, the sleeve comes off when you cut the excess rubber off (or pull the sleeve off, then cut the excess rubber, in the case of some truck tires).

View: https://youtu.be/8ttjQJZD7rc

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user