Not Alot Of S197 Love Here

Robert Arco

Jan 28, 2017
I check week to week and we need more S197 owners/contributors. I have posted a few HOW-TO's and don't get a lot of response. Personally, I love my S197 and the cool mods I have done and availability of those mods.

I actually ran out of mods (I don't want tacky and I don't need to have a track car) but considering I addressed suspension, brakes and power, I could not ask for more. Except I need a hood scoop :) ACTUALLY I would love to get the Mach1 Hood Style for my 2008 from Cervini but I hear such horror stories of fitment and finish...and they are a GOOD brand...I decided on a custom scoop ...with a 3M tape type, I can CHANGE MY MIND :)

So come on, show me the S197 love

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

boost%20contol%20004_zpsoidu1nsr.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
The 4.6 S197 forum activity has died off a lot with the introduction of the 5.0 and now the S550. Honestly, even S197-specific forums I'm on have slowed down a lot in the past couple years. I think it will pick up as these cars get cheaper and more people start picking them up, maybe.

It's weird. The Fox section has always dominated on forum while the others vary a lot more in activity.

All it would really take is for one or two knowledgeable folks to begin posting Progress Threads.

That would spur the search engines and people would land here from Google etc. because of their search terms.

From there, questions would be asked and answered generating even more search engine fodder.

It really just comes down to being as active as possible. The more search terms that make it into this section of the forum , the more hits it gets.

Be prepared though... Along with all of that also comes the:

"What wheels should I get"

and

"What the best sounding exhaust"

but those are also the ones that tend to stick around and learn.

I’ve been here on and off for years. I post what usually happens with my cars or when I do mods to them. I don’t mind never getting a lot of responses, as long as it is here on the forums any one with a question can see what I’ve posted. Wait for when I start a build thread on a 5.4 sohc supercharged swap!

I was thinking this for a while, and this was the only forum I seen that was posting at least 6 times a day versus 2 times a week over at mustangforums.com, etc. there are a lot of mods I plan on doing and maybe even doing a build thread soon but we do need more visitors or users, does Stang net have a Instagram? Could be a good source to use to post all of our cars on and generate a lot of potential for new users to come on the site

I have been guilty of this as well .......life has been getting in the way a little bit ....but I've been stockpiling a bunch of parts and I'm getting ready to get them going....I just hope Noobz won't penalize me for posting them in the wrong spot (as usual) ......

Last edited:
I as well....have been guilty of this as well .......life has been getting in the way a little bit ....but I've been stockpiling a bunch of parts and I'm getting ready to get them going....I just hope Noobz won't penalize me for posting them in the wrong spot (as usual) ......

No promises. :p

Yea it happens. I have been here since 2002 activity comes and goes. There was a time that forums like this were the only way to communicate with fellow mustang enthusiasts outside of your area. With the rise of social media there are other options. Add to that the fact that the S197 is no longer the current Mustang and things have slowed down. I still check a few days a week.

I used to be on here all the time, but they blocked this site at work and I only check maybe once a day when I'm at home. Plus more of the questions here now are geared toward the 5.0's. I give help when I can, but not much to post about myself as I can't do much more to my car without a supercharger and/or built engine.

I as well....have been guilty of this as well .......life has been getting in the way a little bit ....but I've been stockpiling a bunch of parts and I'm getting ready to get them going....I just hope Noobz won't penalize me for posting them in the wrong spot (as usual) ......
Misposting, 5-yard penalty, repeat 1st down!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm new here and recently bought my first S197 !! It was abused by it's owner and I've spent the last few months giving it new life. It's a 45 anniversary with glass roof. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ad her to my collection! I was hoping to get some help local help installing some cams and what not. Tell me it's not true, the lack of S197 love on here!! :doh:

I try, but I usually only have questions, not answers.
As you discover your answers, post up your progress in your own thread so that your fellow S197 folks can find the answer. :)

Here's the thing: This forum has been around since 1999, right around the height of Fox popularity. Since that time it has been a repository for Mustang threads. It grew. Now if you search something about a Fox Mustang you will invariably end up here.

That same stockpile of information has to now be built for S197 and you guys are JUST the right folks to do it. Everything you've done so far: Someone else wants to know how to do it. They want to see your picture, your videos, and hear you cuss about Ford engineers when you take on a task you thought should have been simple.

You guys that think you have only questions are selling yourself short. If you are here then you're probably wrench turners. Others want to know what you know even if you think it's a mundane task.

Isn’t that the problem? Look at everyone leaving the forums

People come and go all the time. Search engines make that a moot point. If you post a thread today, like right now, into a tech forum, someone will search for and find it a year from now... 5 years... 10............

If you don't know something or know part of it and not all of it... Post that in your thread. Other will come and help fill in the gaps.

I love this place. I don't come here looking for info on Kim kardashian... I don't go to bookface to find tech about Mustangs, talk about Mustangs, or talk :poo: about Mustangs. That's just me. :shrug: