not another effin new guy

Freakinstang

May 5, 2022
oregon
howdy all I've got a really straight clean 87 GT it has around 70 thou on the odometer. so the way I see it I have 2 choices either restore it or build the :poo: out of it. have to tell you I'm really leanin toward option 2. only thing holding me back is that I live 6 hours away from the closest track and it's been like forever since i raced last; so give me your opinions what do you all think I should do with this pretty blue mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

Most dedicated race cars are on a path to the salvage yard.
If it has survived this long in nice shape, keep it fun to drive, and it will likely last longer.
I will look for an ordered list of mods by goal for you, but GK might beat me to finding a vintage thread.

Reactions: 1 user
My dilemma is solved. I had a customer come into the store yesterday and he just happens to have a slightly crunched 93 GT. I bought it unseen for $180 and an old school Dewalt charger. He said all the sheet metal was there just a crunched rt. fender and various assorted parking lot dings and dents. No engine but the trans is there and he tells me the interior is in real decent shape. I see a big block stroker motor in this cars future. Thank you all for your interest and reply's. I promise to keep you updated on my progress with both rides. Brian W.

Well guess what, I picked up my new stang Sunday and it's pretty well banged up but like the man said the tranny was there and the exhaust but there was no interior in fact it was stripped to the firewall which made it real easy for me to read the alpha numeric on the ecu which was still bolted in place, that's right sports fans no more speed density for me I'm now the proud owner of an A9L ecu and I'm sure you fellers have already figured out how to adapt the wiring harness in my 87 to accommodate my new ecu . naturally I would just swap harness's but the one in the 93 was butchered. But I'm not complaining. Brian W.