Not another "which shifter" thread...

• Sponsors (?)

I am providing facts about our product and not offering the part for sale. I am simply informing consumers that there are options out there and have provided information on our product.

The poster is free to do what he chooses with the opinions on this forum.

Thanks Tj

Why did Steeda stop making the Comfort Pro handle? Best damn shifter setup out there for us tall guys who can't reach 3rd gear on a stubby little shifter while strapped in tight, but I can't recommend it to anyone anymore because they're impossible to find since you quit making them.

Why did Steeda stop making the Comfort Pro handle? Best damn shifter setup out there for us tall guys who can't reach 3rd gear on a stubby little shifter while strapped in tight, but I can't recommend it to anyone anymore because they're impossible to find since you quit making them.

Thats why i modify the stock handle, my reach is about 82" long and when i shift into the even gears my shouldler hits the seat before i can get it into gear. When i had my arm rest i would smack my elbow into it on the 2nd and 4th shift.

I am providing facts about our product and not offering the part for sale. I am simply informing consumers that there are options out there and have provided information on our product.

The poster is free to do what he chooses with the opinions on this forum.

Thanks Tj

Can you be a little more specific when you say up to test?

Also, here is an unbiased review on Mustang Source regarding the Steeda Tri Ax.

Steeda Tri-Ax review - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
Ok firsts first. You have 7 posts and are not an approved vendor, so I dont want to hear about crap any one sells online if I dont have to.

Second, if you want to get into a "my product is the best because this magazine said so and so" be my guest, just know that im not the person you want to go down that road against. Steeda products are the best like using a newpaper to wipe my ass on the toilet.

So?

I just got a tremec 3550 and steeda tri ax shifter. So far I've driven it 13 whole miles so I cannot comment. I will say, thus far, it's an amazing feeling and the piece looks VERY well machined. I always look at fit and finish first, then try a product before I make my final stand.

That being said, throughout this wonderful world wide web and working the internets on the google machine, I find 2/3 people prefer the mgw, and have even read a time or two the steeda piece breaks. Is this necessary to shift so hard???

Also, I know the mgw and I believe hurst have springs for throwback adjustment.... Does the tri ax have that?

Its one thing if it was a few isolated incidents, put in broken steeda tri-ax and you'll be astonished.

(puts on japanese sun head band, does a few crane kicks, tumbling drum thingy) OK lets do this
Steeda Tri-Ax problem.. - Speedlogix Forums
steeda shifters???? [Archive] - DFWstangs Forums
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/679605-help-broken-steeda-shifter-pivot-shaft.html
Broke Steeda Triax handle..... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Broke my Steeda Tri-AX/F Shifter
Steeda Tri-Ax BROKE! - SoCalTerminators.com Forums
Help Broken Steeda Shifter Pivot Shaft
Steeda Triax warranty

I find 2/3 people prefer the mgw, and have even read a time or two the steeda piece breaks. Is this necessary to shift so hard???

You have a 3550 now, you'll see why since the 3550 is a notchy bitch that doesnt like to shift.

Can you be a little more specific when you say up to test?

Also, here is an unbiased review on Mustang Source regarding the Steeda Tri Ax.

Steeda Tri-Ax review - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

i will pull the pro 5.0 out of my car install a triax (or whatever shifter you send)... beat the living **** out of it... note how many gears were missed, how it shifts compared to other shifters ive used. hand how long it takes to snap the handle :) then i will ship it back to you guys to see why and how it broke

We stopped making it because of the lack of damand. When committing to a forging you need to have large production runs. Unfortunately it took us more then several years to sell the original batch of them.

For those interested, we do sell a shifter bushing kit that allows you to use your 79-04 OEM handle with a Steeda/aftermarket shifter. 555-7099 is the part number. It's close to the comfort pro.

:nice:

I dont know why all the hate towards steeda, ive never heard anything bad about there stuff and the i have been using the tri ax handle for a few years on my pro 5.0 and its way more comfortable than the stub the pro 5.0 came with

No hate, just when a thread like this is made by a regular about what other members are running, in which turns into a thread about clutch adjustment. Then a vendor coming in with his cookie cutter phone response about his product being "the best" means you got some stones and best be ready for conjecture.

FWIW i hear bad **** about steeda all the time over on c-c.com

Like ive said, i've never ran steeda ****, but i dont plan to either, i already have shifters for both my tranny's.

Its one thing if it was a few isolated incidents, put in broken steeda tri-ax and you'll be astonished.

(puts on japanese sun head band, does a few crane kicks, tumbling drum thingy) OK lets do this
Steeda Tri-Ax problem.. - Speedlogix Forums
steeda shifters???? [Archive] - DFWstangs Forums
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/679605-help-broken-steeda-shifter-pivot-shaft.html
Broke Steeda Triax handle..... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Broke my Steeda Tri-AX/F Shifter
Steeda Tri-Ax BROKE! - SoCalTerminators.com Forums
Help Broken Steeda Shifter Pivot Shaft
Steeda Triax warranty

You have a 3550 now, you'll see why since the 3550 is a notchy bitch that doesnt like to shift.

All of our shifters have a Life Time warrantee and everyone of those customers were taken care of if they contacted us here at Steeda, free of charge.

In my 12+ years with the company I've seen less than 10 forged handles actually break, for those rare cases I typically have send them a steel replacement (if it's a larger person rowing the gears).

As far as the internal shaft failing, I've seen that from time to time (1 per 1,000). Once again, they are fixed free of charge.

In the performance industry it's almost impossible to find a company to stand behind their product no matter what you do with it, Steeda does.

Also remember we have over 50,000 shifters out there in the field just in the last 10 years, so I would expect a few failures, but we will ALWAYS stand behind our products to makes sure the customer is happy. :nice:

If there is anything I can ever do to help, please let me know. I'm not in Sales, but I run the manufacturing department.

Scott

All of our shifters have a Life Time warrantee and everyone of those customers were taken care of if they contacted us here at Steeda, free of charge.

In my 12+ years with the company I've seen less than 10 forged handles actually break, for those rare cases I typically have send them a steel replacement (if it's a larger person rowing the gears).

As far as the internal shaft failing, I've seen that from time to time (1 per 1,000). Once again, they are fixed free of charge.

In the performance industry it's almost impossible to find a company to stand behind their product no matter what you do with it, Steeda does.

Also remember we have over 50,000 shifters out there in the field just in the last 10 years, so I would expect a few failures, but we will ALWAYS stand behind our products to makes sure the customer is happy. :nice:

If there is anything I can ever do to help, please let me know. I'm not in Sales, but I run the manufacturing department.

Scott
It shouldnt matter if the dude is big or small, thats a hazard. FWIW those are the only broken handles i have heard of. I never bashed your customer service, just coming in and proclaiming "we're the best" in a thread thats not warranted is chicken ****.

As far as helping me out, im pretty sure im set on parts.
Was it bk cauley who called me an mm nut swinger?