Not another "which shifter" thread...

It shouldnt matter if the dude is big or small, thats a hazard. FWIW those are the only broken handles i have heard of. I never bashed your customer service, just coming in and proclaiming "we're the best" in a thread thats not warranted is chicken ****.

I can only speak for myself in this thread.

Like I've stated, 10 handles out of 50,000 units isn't a hazard IMO. I've seen plenty examples of Kirbans, UPR's and other handles broke. Way back in the day we use to sell a billet handle. I will say that we had some failures on those, hence the reason for spending a lot of money on a custom forging. Since then we have almost all be eliminated those failures.

• Sponsors (?)

You're not an approved vendor either. You may work for one, but the account itself is not.

And whether its 10 handles or 1000 a broken handle is a hazard.

By beef is not with steeda or the products, but then venue in which y'all decided to open your mouths, there is a vendors forum for a reason, keep it there. This is for regular members and the OP has already expressed his agreement with me.

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in real quick and clarify a few things.

Tim is one of us and we are an approved vendor, we have had our own spot in the vendor forum for a little while now.

It seems he jumped in with some 2011 shifter information that didnt apply to this thread and I want to apologize for that.

Long Stroke is also one of us, head of our manufacturing department. Scott, you should have run a report on more than just T-5/T-45 shifters, you would have had a higher number than 50,000.... ;)

Getting back on track though, with tens of thousands of shifter in the field you are certainly going to find some failures. Its inevitable. As Scott mentioned we take care of failures that are reported to us.

Scott also beat me to the punch on the Comfort Pro handle. It was discontinued due to not enough volume to commit to another forging run which was too bad cause that was a great piece. Unfortunately like many great parts the volume has to be there to support it, and it just wasnt there.

As far as shifters go we've come a long way and theres plenty of offerings out there that cater to pretty much what anybody would want. Keep in mind though none of them are bulletproof.

You're not an approved vendor either. You may work for one, but the account itself is not.

And whether its 10 handles or 1000 a broken handle is a hazard.

By beef is not with steeda or the products, but then venue in which y'all decided to open your mouths, there is a vendors forum for a reason, keep it there. This is for regular members and the OP has already expressed his agreement with me.

I agree we didnt jump into this post properly, but we, as a vendor, do have a right to comment outside of our own vendor forum. I can't blame Scott for jumping in here and trying to set a few things straight either. He's been with us a long time and proud of what we do here.

Sponsoring the forum would be of little value if we were only restricted to the vendor forum, as the majority of traffic on all forums is outside of vendor specific forums. So whether you agree or not, we and more specifically, my employees, have a right to be here.

You are right, a shifter failure is a hazard, but it happens to all of them at one point or another. I've seen all kinds of failures happen. I've even had competitors copies of our products from before we enforced our patents attempted to be passed on to us as warranty failures. Interesting stuff for sure, but lets not pretend all others are fool proof, cause they are not.

I am going to end it with that as I don't want to hijack this thread any further. Again we apologize for how we started our interaction on this thread. We'll let the thread move on from here.

Like i said, thats great and all, but if Nik or anyone wanted steeda conjecture, we'd visit your forum. You guys were a day late and a dollar short to a thread that was no longer about shifter selection.

I never said other companies didnt fail but man put in tri-ax failure in google and the results are staggering.

Keep it to your forum and im sure everyone will get along, nothing is worse then a company shoving something down your throat, plzthnxbai.

To the Steeda gentlemen:

Don't mind Crane, I think we need a "don't feed the animals" sign for him. :D I run all sorts of Steeda junk on my car, and it has served me just fine. Good quality products. Never ran your shifter, though. Anyway, I just thought the first post by tjsteeda was a little funny, it had a little bit of an infomercial flavor to it.

To the Steeda gentlemen:

Don't mind Crane, I think we need a "don't feed the animals" sign for him. :D I run all sorts of Steeda junk on my car, and it has served me just fine. Good quality products. Never ran your shifter, though. Anyway, I just thought the first post by tjsteeda was a little funny, it had a little bit of an infomercial flavor to it.

So much so he copy and pasted it into other threads :shrug:

Meh im hungry

I agree, but track season is pretty much over here. :( Not sure if it'll go back to the strip until next spring.

Tell me about it, i was supposed to be at the track friday, and a dyno day sunday. We got 12 inches of snow saturday and i hvent had power at my house since. Fckin new england.

Sunny, no snow, and a balanced budget here in Washington. Keep your states....:nice:

Oh and I used my steeda short throw last night in our dry weather and it was soooo nice :)

It's sunny here and supposed to be in the 60s, but this is Indiana, and tomorrow we could have a blizzard.

I just looked at the schedule for the drag strip, and it looks like the last (planned) day for test and tune was the 26th. I'm not sure if they will keep going if the weather is nice or not. Probably not.

It's sunny here and supposed to be in the 60s, but this is Indiana, and tomorrow we could have a blizzard.

I just looked at the schedule for the drag strip, and it looks like the last (planned) day for test and tune was the 26th. I'm not sure if they will keep going if the weather is nice or not. Probably not.

Ours was the same Nik. Officially ended at the finish of October. I just went through a major set of upgrades, as with the info I shared in here, so I'm anxious to get out there next year.

Are you serious?

Yup, between the snow and plows out, power outages, downed power lines and fallen trees, they deemed it too dangerous for children to be out trick or treating, and "cancelled" Halloween by strongly urging parents not to allow their children out. If it's any consolation to the kids, the majority of them are STILL off from school, and probably will be until thursday or friday.