NOT HAPPY WITH DRAGSTRIP TIMES

bhoke24

Founding Member
Nov 9, 2002
Hickory, NC
I finally got to run my car since I installed Procharger on 1/8 mile track. My ET kinda sucked 8.21 @ 93.415 but my mph were the same as cars running low to mid 7's. So now I am going to have to do the rear end swap. IRS Sucks for Dragracing :bang: btw I was running Street tires so I didn't break my rearend. Also there was a 04 Cobra racing there, on his last run his rear end exploded. :notnice: Can anybody tell me your 1/8 mile comparisons.

• Sponsors (?)

7.88 @ 87 or so... I don't know where that slip is, so don't take my mph as without question, but the ET is accurate. That was on a 12.42 @ 108.9 run with a 1.63 60'. I only run on slicks now, hehe. I forgot how to race on street tires...

103 said:
7.88 @ 87 or so... I don't know where that slip is, so don't take my mph as without question, but the ET is accurate. That was on a 12.42 @ 108.9 run with a 1.63 60'. I only run on slicks now, hehe. I forgot how to race on street tires...
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO IT. NICE TIMES & 60 FT :hail2:

103 said:
ALSO WHAT TYPE REAR END AND GEAR, YOU GOT ME BY HALF A SECOND AT 60'

7.30 at 97 NA
1.58 60ft

6200rpm launch on et streets and otherwise stock IRS rear.

You want to play, you got to pay. Street tires just won't "cut" it for good et's. You're going to have to slap on some stickies, do a big burnout, raise the launch rpm toward the sky, and say a little prayer when you let the hammer drop. :D

JBVobra said:
7.30 at 97 NA
1.58 60ft

6200rpm launch on et streets and otherwise stock IRS rear.

You want to play, you got to pay. Street tires just won't "cut" it for good et's. You're going to have to slap on some stickies, do a big burnout, raise the launch rpm toward the sky, and say a little prayer when you let the hammer drop. :D

In what? my IRS will not handle it.

Yeah, don't do that on a Ford IRS... You'll be on the phone buying parts before the motor cycles down from the "launch". I'm running a 2002 GT solid rear with Moser 31 spline axles, F150 posi, FRPP 4.30s, and MAC girdle launching at around 4500 rpms. Gonna raise that soon... Just a little scared, hehe. Plus I need skinnies, 275s on the big end sucks!

103 said:
Yeah, don't do that on a Ford IRS... You'll be on the phone buying parts before the motor cycles down from the "launch". I'm running a 2002 GT solid rear with Moser 31 spline axles, F150 posi, FRPP 4.30s, and MAC girdle launching at around 4500 rpms. Gonna raise that soon... Just a little scared, hehe. Plus I need skinnies, 275s on the big end sucks!

What all was involved in your axle swap. Tell me what parts besides the rearend with brakes I will need. Thanks in advance.