not mustang but i think u guys can help

1SLO306

My 97 GTP owns you ALL!
Mar 31, 2005
Muhlenberg, ky
I have a 90' beretta gt 3.1 auto. the car runs fine at first but when it gets warm the tranny will start to slip and not long after that it will not pull at all but if i let it sit for about 2 hours then it will move again and start to do the same. What do u guys think it could be??? Thanks for any help!!:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Try a tranny flush with new filter and a bottle of Lucas and see if that helps. If not sounds like the tranny is almost toast. you can try unpluging the lock up torque converter it's on the driver side at the front on top of the tranny if you do unplug that you will rev like 400 RPM's higher on the highway.

Like someone else had posted, change the filter/fluid and try it again. I don't think that year came with the sealed tranny like some of the later 90's GM's had. It definitely sounds like its on its way out but the filter change may give you a little more time so get the spare ready.

you can take it to a shop and they can run it with some machine they have and it will flush every thing including the torque converter and then they replace the filter and fill it up. Or you can drop the tranny pan your self let all the fluid drain change the filter (real cheap and easy) bolt the pan back on and fill it. When you drain it like that u don't get all the fluid out because the converter holds a few litres. The filter just pops out make sure the O-ring comes with it and pop the new one in. The filter kit comes with the pan gasket and will only be like $20.

Roland69 said:
you can take it to a shop and they can run it with some machine they have and it will flush every thing including the torque converter and then they replace the filter and fill it up. Or you can drop the tranny pan your self let all the fluid drain change the filter (real cheap and easy) bolt the pan back on and fill it. When you drain it like that u don't get all the fluid out because the converter holds a few litres. The filter just pops out make sure the O-ring comes with it and pop the new one in. The filter kit comes with the pan gasket and will only be like $20.
thanks mane!