not my stang this time...but really need help

yup just got done with an engine swap cause i bent a rod cause i hydrolocked it and went to start it and wel heres a list of problems:

1. it wont start umless you shoot starting fluid in and hold the gas all the way down keepin the butterflies open

2. when starting it starts real rough and i mean REAL rough and you gotta keep gassin it

3. once it gets running it smoothes out real nice and sounds good

4. once you put it in gear, the idle drops way down

5. when its in gear and you press the gas it revs up then kicks into gear - it slips a lot

6. i have almost no brakes, the pedal goes down almost all the way and i only have about 1 inch of usable pedal where they apply

now i had no problems like these before i took the old engine out and im pretty sure i hooked everything up right

im stumped and about to drive this thing off a cliff cause its makin me so mad

*oh yeah forgot to mention its an '85 f150 with a 302 FI that i swapped a 92 block and heads into*

• Sponsors (?)

hydrolock is when a cylinder is filled with a liquid, such as water. Since the liquid won't compress like a gas would, the forces on the piston, rod, crank etc. skyrocket. I guess this could bend a rod or break a crank. I'm not sure how it would bend a valve, since they would be closed during the event. Perhaps the force of liquid flowing around the valve?

yeah it is hooked up, it kinda solved itself yesterday...i think the calipers werent retracting off the rotor cause it sat for sooooo long

see this is why i hate fuel injection - if it were carborated it'd be running like a champ right now...but no stupid computers all screwin it up