Not-pretty Mustangs

bleeblee

Dec 17, 2004
I didnt want to say ugly, I dont mean to offend anyone but sometimes you have to know when to stop with the accesories and/or get them installed by proffesionals, not just tack them on.

rickscdvf18ff.th.jpg
TOO MUCH

jim051jc.th.jpg
STEEDA STICKER, BUT NO STEEDA GEAR.
BRA's ARE THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO CARS.
mike055ul.jpg
ARE YOU GONNA GET THAT STUFF PAINTED OR NOT?

TO EACH HIS OWN.....but just buying every other product and tacking it on your car is not good.

Attachments

• rickscdvf18ff.th.jpg
    rickscdvf18ff.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 80
  • jim051jc.th.jpg
    jim051jc.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 82
  • mike055ul.jpg
    mike055ul.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 95
  • Sponsors (?)

bleeblee said:
I didnt want to say ugly, I dont mean to offend anyone but sometimes you have to know when to stop with the accesories and/or get them installed by proffesionals,

mike055ul.jpg
ARE YOU GONNA GET THAT STUFF PAINTED OR NOT?

IMO / This car is salvagable just by getting rid of the blue stripes and having the spoiler painted white. Add some bullit wheels ~ and voila ~+!

Attachments

• mike055ul.jpg
    mike055ul.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 102
Too many accessories slapped on for my liking. stripes are fine (love blue&white), but lose the louvers, scoop and spoiler. Especially for a v6 (judging from the rims). You can go more aggressive with a GT, but I think streamlined simplicity (tinting, smoking, even a ducktail) is better for the 6. just my opinion.

crewwolfy said:
Too many accessories slapped on for my liking. stripes are fine (love blue&white), but lose the louvers, scoop and spoiler. Especially for a v6 . You can go more aggressive with a GT, but I think streamlined simplicity (tinting, smoking, even a ducktail) is better for the 6.

I have to agree with the less agressive/more streamlined look for a V6.

there's a lot to be said for simplicity ;)

I too have a white one, without stripes and the spoiler delete .... and dont intend to do much to the outside beyond lowering the rear slightly.

But from a practical point of view I must admit that I've considered the whole louver thing. It sure would make the car cooler at this time of year!
:cool:

What I mean is that they have their place ~

People in glass houses.....

While you may not like it. The owner of the car does. Just like some people might not like what you do to yours. It's your car and you can do with it what you want

SoCalBill said:
People in glass houses.....

While you may not like it. The owner of the car does. Just like some people might not like what you do to yours. It's your car and you can do with it what you want

I agree... LIke Jimmy Dean used to say "If it melts your butter, it makes my day.."...

Each of our cars is a personal extension of our own tastes and desires. I like the louvers and rear spoiler black on this car. Matter of fact - I have a color keyed rear spoiler on my car and just bought another one that I am going to paint Satin Black. Now to find a set of louvers ar a reasonable price..

Not sticking to a custom Mustang guideline, is dangerous when it comes to stripes..

Randomly upgrading things is a quick way to make passers by hate your guts! Those cars are horrible..Where is the Mustang reposession squad when you need them.. Those guys dont desrve those cars.. LOL!! I shouldnt say that, to each his own.. But someone should say something!

he needs to paint those satin black and lose the stripes, or go black instead of blue, and it would look ok... he's going for the boss look, which I've seen done well, but those are completely unpainted (or painted flat black) looks like poo. The top one's not that bad either... but the middle one bites.... yuck.

I can see where someone may not like the way these individuals mod'd their cars. At the same time I can likely find and point out examples where GT'ers mounted 20-inch wheels on their cars that would make the boys on "Pimp my ride" blush, big ole wheel spacers, and did funky things with their exhausts that would bring a tear to ones eye. Are these wrong? Not in the slightest. It's their car and their opportunity to express themselves.

Heck if they can trash a perfectly good Mustang paint job by putting NY Yankee logo's on it then why can't these guys do what they've done??? :jester:

001.jpg

On the bright side, most of the atrocities are happening to the V6 models. Nothing against them but hey, a sale for the Mustang at least. Without defacing the hard to come by GT's.

Kris

KrisHorton said:
On the bright side, most of the atrocities are happening to the V6 models. Nothing against them but hey, a sale for the Mustang at least. Without defacing the hard to come by GT's.

Kris

Not Kris Horton!! Anybody but Kris Horton!! Please be a mistype! LOL!! :D

Com'on Kris, this is way outside your boundries! LOL!! :hail2:

martimus said:
I can see where someone may not like the way these individuals mod'd their cars. At the same time I can likely find and point out examples where GT'ers mounted 20-inch wheels on their cars that would make the boys on "Pimp my ride" blush, big ole wheel spacers, and did funky things with their exhausts that would bring a tear to ones eye. Are these wrong? Not in the slightest. It's their car and their opportunity to express themselves.

Heck if they can trash a perfectly good Mustang paint job by putting NY Yankee logo's on it then why can't these guys do what they've done??? :jester:

001.jpg
There's nothing wrong with tasteful 20 inch wheels. It's anything above 20 inches that is ugly and gaudy.

I think we have a new fun thread here: Mustang Mods outside the box.

Obviously the stang brings out the "creativity" in car owners unlike most other models.

The Yankee stang is ok, but please--no Mets Mustang--that would be vandalism!