Not your average gear question... Ok well maybe...

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Well we have two sets of gears at the garage 3.73's and 4.30's

I wanted 3.90's or 4.10's since the car will still be street driven and cruised in...

Chris said i could have either set for free... and free is better then paying for gears... we have access to a lift right now so what do i go with??? :shrug:

Im broke so free gears are looking good.:nice:

going 60 in 5th with the 4.30's im looking at about 2300 rmp.

with 4.10's ist about 2100

3.73's little less then 2000

• Sponsors (?)

Do you ever plan on using a power adder like n2o? Do you plan on taking it to the 1/4 mile track? If so, the 4.30's would be too steep.

Actually, I think the 4.30's will be too steep either way unless you had a mod motor. I'd go with the 3.73

To rebuild the track-lok?

I don't have any kit part #'s off the top of my head, but I'd just get the standard track-lok rebuild kit for about $60 along with a ring and pinion install kit. Might as well do the bearings and seals also while you have the axles out. I think you can get the install kit for about $60-80, or a deluxe kit that includes bearings and seals for about $120

Ring and Pinion Gear Installation Kits - SummitRacing.com

If all you have is what's listed in your sig, then you don't need 4.30's. I have 4.30's in my street car and there has never been a time where the rpm's were too high but I also do not go much past 70 on the hwy. They were also the gear that my combo needed. So, just get whatever gear your combo needs.

If all you have is what's listed in your sig, then you don't need 4.30's. I have 4.30's in my street car and there has never been a time where the rpm's were too high but I also do not go much past 70 on the hwy. They were also the gear that my combo needed. So, just get whatever gear your combo needs.

tfs/kpi hiports
track heat intake
wolverine 1190 cam
1 3/4'' accufab headers
70mm tb