Notching The Engine Cradle?

DeathProof88

Dec 11, 2015
PA
Hey guys, so, I've been told I may need to notch my engine cradle to fit a 351w with a moroso 7qt oil pan... I can't seem to find any information on the subject... Any thoughts?
BTW it's an 88 gt

• Sponsors (?)

I asked my engine builder about it and he said 75% of people use an aftermarket k member and I may have to notch the stock unit. Im trying to not replace the k member unless I need to

I can't testify as to what percentage of 351 swaps are done with a stock k member, but the 351 installed in my car using a stock k member required nothing. It did have a milodon pan instead, but I can't imagine what, if any difference that might have made. The only place clearance could be a issue is at the rear sump. where the dropped rear sump might get too friendly with the rear center portion of the k member. Cutting a small kerf isn't gonna compromise any integrity.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't testify as to what percentage of 351 swaps are done with a stock k member, but the 351 installed in my car using a stock k member required nothing. It did have a milodon pan instead, but I can't imagine what, if any difference that might have made. The only place clearance could be a issue is at the rear sump. where the dropped rear sump might get too friendly with the rear center portion of the k member. Cutting a small kerf isn't gonna compromise any integrity.

Ok, thanks, so I guess I have to wait and see...