nother 1/4 mile Time Question

TwoToneHatch

Mar 22, 2007
New Jersey
I know these are asked alot but I really just wanna get a ballpark estimate on what my car will run in the 1/4 mile.

'89 Mustang GT
Removed Air Silencer
BBK Headers with Stock H-pipe and Race Bullets
Stock AOD with B&M Shift Kit
3:73's

I will be running on my pony's with street tires and would I get better times with the "AOD Shuffle" or just putting it in drive because of the shift kit??Also how should I launch the car?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok thanks ! I'm used to 5-speed so I wasn't to sure about launching the car . Who makes a good valve-body and converter for AOD's ? I've been eying a lentech valve-body and looking into a stall to help out at the track.

I know these are asked alot but I really just wanna get a ballpark estimate on what my car will run in the 1/4 mile.

'89 Mustang GT
Removed Air Silencer
BBK Headers with Stock H-pipe and Race Bullets
Stock AOD with B&M Shift Kit
3:73's

I will be running on my pony's with street tires and would I get better times with the "AOD Shuffle" or just putting it in drive because of the shift kit??Also how should I launch the car?

A bone stock AOD GT runs 15.8-16.1 so yours should run low 15's on street tires. You might get high 14's if you use drag slicks. Keep the selector in drive and brake torque to about 1500rpm before nailing it.

My '88 LX AOD ran a 14.7 @ 93MPH bone stock.

Speed Density is a wonderful thing. WIth 3.73's and a few bolt on's i had it down to 14.0-14.1. The last time I went to the track I clicked off a 13.99 and it still had a stock untouched AOD, stock stall converter and stock heads and cam.