Now thats what I call detailing

• Sponsors (?)

I took the time to do that to my entire car... unfortunately, my work only lasted about 7-10 days, then it had to be redone again.

He did a very nice job on that car. One thing to remember when you buff out a badly faded/oxidized car or boat (I work on boats) be sure to put a nice coat of wax on it when finished or it will not hold near as long. Again, nice work on the Stang!

He does list it...

Process was,

Solo on Rotary....2 passes

80 on PC with a yellow pad...1 pass

66 on Rotary with a tan pad at low speed.....1 pass

Finishing it off with NXT

Definitely not something I would recommend to a first timer, but gives an idea of what a "Proper" detail can accomplish. Very nice!!!:nice:

He does list it...

Process was,

Solo on Rotary....2 passes

80 on PC with a yellow pad...1 pass

66 on Rotary with a tan pad at low speed.....1 pass

Finishing it off with NXT

Definitely not something I would recommend to a first timer, but gives an idea of what a "Proper" detail can accomplish. Very nice!!!:nice:

Wow, those steps mean nothing to me. is that in english? hehe

Claybar does wonders also, anyone have a short writup how to properly use it?

This is a detailed 'write-up' done by a good friend of mine that owns Eshine.ca. It's where I get all of my higher end detailing products. This guy has forgotten more than I'll ever know about detailing a car. :)

EShine.ca

A clay bar is simply used to take your paint down to 'no protection' or contaminants.

When i was a kid, probably 7 year old or so, i lived in Kentucky for a few years and my parents ran a detail shop in Lexington. It wasn't uncommon for cars to come in that were in storage for years that looked like they just rolled out of a junkyard and then go out like brand new or better. Customers would come back for their cars and be in disbelief. If you have access to a real buffer...and i mean a good 2600RPM or better buffer and some good polish and wax, you can make just about the crappiest paint job look like new again.

On a side note, one time we detailed Jim Breach's (old place kicker for the Bengals back when they were actually GOOD)Porsche 911. It actually had GOLD beauty rings on the rims..lol

Wow, those steps mean nothing to me. is that in english? hehe

80 is a particular compound probably a more abrasive type. The pad he used with that compound is a cutting pad.

66 is a particular compound probably a less abravise/non-abrasive type. The pad he used with that compound is a polishing pad.

The have different color pads that are hard/soft, coarse/soft. They have a line for cutting, buffing, polishing, glazing, and waxing. If you know the right compound and pad combo, you can really whip out a nice job.

Just looked at the pics now, that is nothing new to me. Red always fades easily and can be brought back easily.

Agreed... but this is a very good "Restoration" on a Mustang. I thought these guys would like to see. The before pics show an average 20 year old mustang. The after pics look like a freshly sprayed car. I just wanted everyone to see what can be done with a proper detail.

Thanks,

Matt

Agreed... but this is a very good "Restoration" on a Mustang. I thought these guys would like to see. The before pics show an average 20 year old mustang. The after pics look like a freshly sprayed car. I just wanted everyone to see what can be done with a proper detail.

Thanks,

Matt

Very true, that is a nice car for factory paint. I would love to find a Mustang Fox Body never painted never modified and just let it sit in my garage!!!