nozzle vs plate

rayvinton

Nov 7, 2007
i know this isn't the power adder forum but wanted to hear everyones opinon.
I've got an 03 gt with bolt ons and i want to put cams from comp and a nitrous kit from NX or DynoTune on the car. I have been hearing mixed things about going with a nozzle system or a plate system. Could anyone please clarify which would be better, (plate or nozzle) and why?

• Sponsors (?)

I myself would prefere a plate kit, but I wouldn't turn down the purchase of a nozzle kit.

The plate kit makes for a cleaner install. As long as both are properly installed there really won't be a big difference in performance. I talked it over with an ASE Tech buddy of mine and he was explaining that the plate kit should atomize the fuel and keep the mixture of nitrous/fuel better because it isn't hitting the bend in the intake tube that a nozzle kit would.

People run both and are happy with both, for most it just comes down to the fact of if they want to tap their intake pipe for a nozzle setup, which is really no big deal.

NX is top of the line stuff, but I have also heard good things about Dyno Tune kits. How big of a shot do you want to spray?

And also, unless you really want cams, you will be able to run the motor to it's safe limits with nitrous alone.

Theoretically the plate kit distributes the nitrous more evenly into the intake runners. With the nozzle kit the nitrous travels a further distance versus the plate. Therefore less nitrous is likely to evenly distribute. Nonetheless, I think both kits are safe as long as you're smart about it (window switch, WOT switch, bottle heater, correct AFR/timing, etc).

i know this isn't the power adder forum but wanted to hear everyones opinon.
I've got an 03 gt with bolt ons and i want to put cams from comp and a nitrous kit from NX or DynoTune on the car. I have been hearing mixed things about going with a nozzle system or a plate system. Could anyone please clarify which would be better, (plate or nozzle) and why?
Plate systems allow the nitrous to atomize better. Go with the plate, the nozzles suck.

i had the NX plate kit and loved it. like people have been saying the plate atomizes the mixture better. I ran up to a 200 shot on a stock motor with it. yes i cheated death with it because i wanted to see what it had but a 150 was nothing for it. i ran 30 bottles of spray on the 150

i was going to run the xe268 or 278 cams with a 100 to 125 shot what all do i need with the nitrous kit i.e bottle heater, window switch, ect....

278's are too big for what you want and you will probably have piston-to-valve clearance issues with them.

268's are still a healthy cam that won't totally kill your low end power, but you will probably still need to upgrade youre valvesprings with these cams.

As for the nitrous, a good kit will allready come with a WOT (wide open throttle) switch. You should also get a window switch (I would suggest a digital one). Thats all you really need.

To make it even better, a bottle warmer is really nice, especially if it doesn't get really warm where you live. A purge kit is handy to make sure the nitrous is ready to hit when it's activated. For more safety you can get a FPSS (fuel pressure safety switch).