NX 125 shot????

• Sponsors (?)

I've been running a 100 shot for almost 3 years now, no problems...yet. I tuned it to where I'm using the fuel pill for a 75 shot though, just richened the mixture on the nitrous tune.

Anything over a 100 shot seems to be hit or miss in my experience. I'd keep it to a 100 shot, on street tires I don't know how you'd get traction with much more than that anyhow.

In any case, listen to Tim over anyone on ANY forum. Goodluck with it.

I have been using a NOS 125 shot for nearly two years with no issues. Granted NOS is rated at the flywheel whereas NX is at the rear wheels so NX 125 > NOS 125.

Lately I have been experimenting with timing. With full timing + race fuel I can gain an additional 25hp/40trq. My a/f seems good as well. This is at 900-1000psi. So usually when I run a bottle these days I go ahead and put in race fuel and leave the timing maxed.

(I wouldnt suggest this to however I havnt heard a knock or a ping yet so ..... TIFWIW)

I wouldn't spray more than 100. Unless you have a forged bottom end and reinforced intake manifold. The problem with wet kits is the puddling, as the tracts in our manifold can puddle easily. On top of that, not all of the nitrous/fuel is dispersed evenly into the cylinders (unless you have a direct port kit). Even with a 100 shot, you should get a better fuel pump (such as a SVT focus or GT40 pump) and shorten the fuel lines. The nitrous travels through those lines much faster than the fuel, and you don't want that to happen.

I wouldn't spray more than 100. Unless you have a forged bottom end and reinforced intake manifold. The problem with wet kits is the puddling, as the tracts in our manifold can puddle easily. On top of that, not all of the nitrous/fuel is dispersed evenly into the cylinders (unless you have a direct port kit). Even with a 100 shot, you should get a better fuel pump (such as a SVT focus or GT40 pump) and shorten the fuel lines. The nitrous travels through those lines much faster than the fuel, and you don't want that to happen.
+1 What Tanner said.
A Nitrous Express kit with 100hp jets should give
you a nice kick in the pants.