Ny 67 stroker build

ForrestTurbo67

Apr 23, 2011
okay I finally figured out what i am going to do with my 67 mustang. I am planning to make the 351w i have for it and put that in it. I wanted to know what you guys think of my ideas of my build.

For the motor:
14847-PS-F408W - Ford 408W Reverse Dome -19.4cc Pro Street Engine Kit
for the stroker kit with kust a .030 bore

Trick flow twisted wedge heads tfs-51400004
trick flow cam stage II cam tfs-51402001
P&P weiand stealth intake
trick flow roller rockers tfs 51400510
stock rods
arp blots
hooker competition headers 6901-3hkr

Trans:
b&m shift kit
b&m ratchet shifter
b&m stall converter 3,000 50422

8.8 rear end with a 3.73 gear
msd everything 6al-2, wires, disb, etc..

So whats your thoughts so far? i might change some things but so far seems good.

• Sponsors (?)

They are aluminum heads nd with the cam i chose they flow really well, i would eventually match port them so they can flow even better.
@ Buckeye what are you talking about ? lol

you need to indicate what your goals are. if your goal is 200 hp, then you probably pass with flying colors. if your goal is 600 hp, you'll probably flunk. lots of different things to grade it on. streetability, efficiency, cost, power, etc.

saying the heads flow well, without a comparison is worthless.

maybe i just missed where you posted that kind of info.

you need to indicate what your goals are. if your goal is 200 hp, then you probably pass with flying colors. if your goal is 600 hp, you'll probably flunk. lots of different things to grade it on. streetability, efficiency, cost, power, etc.

saying the heads flow well, without a comparison is worthless.

maybe i just missed where you posted that kind of info.

Well i don't really don't have a horsepower i am shooting for, just trying to get my e.t in the 10's with just the motor. i think i could get close to the to 600hp tho, plus eventually i would set it up for spray on a e85 set up. It would be a street/strip car more strip tho. What do you mean about efficiency like reliable or what? Well all this should cost like 5k but my budget is around 6k grand total.

Well i was saying the heads i chose flow just almost just as afr 205's with the cam lift. with a little head work they will flow better then stock 205's for less money.

This combo is going to go into my 67 mustang coupe, which should way about 2900 roughly. So i hope this is enough info bullseye lol

Well i don't really don't have a horsepower i am shooting for, just trying to get my e.t in the 10's with just the motor. i think i could get close to the to 600hp tho, plus eventually i would set it up for spray on a e85 set up. It would be a street/strip car more strip tho. What do you mean about efficiency like reliable or what? Well all this should cost like 5k but my budget is around 6k grand total.

Well i was saying the heads i chose flow just almost just as afr 205's with the cam lift. with a little head work they will flow better then stock 205's for less money.

This combo is going to go into my 67 mustang coupe, which should way about 2900 roughly. So i hope this is enough info bullseye lol

as cast tw 170 & arf205 are worlds apart. not even a comparison :rlaugh:
better compare tw205 vs afr205
you get what you pay for with cylinder heads. there is a reason why some heads are $2000+ , while others are $1000

here is example
170 tw.. $1300 gets you 251/193 @.600 lift
http://static.trickflow.com/global/images/chartsguides/t/tfs airflow tw 170.pdf

tw 190..$1500 gets you 273/197 @.600 lift
http://static.trickflow.com/global/images/chartsguides/t/tfs airflow tw trkht 190.pdf

why not get the 190's instead ?

even better suited for a 408 is the 205's $2000..316/[email protected]
http://static.trickflow.com/global/images/chartsguides/t/tfs airflow tw 205.pdf

or $1800 for afr205.. 308/231@600 lift
Air Flow Research

the 190's would be the bare min head i would consider for 408 cubic inches:nice:

Hi,
I think you should do a little more research. A 408 will need a lot air to breath deeply. Those 170s are not going to cut it. It would be like you breathing through a straw!
They are a good head, all else being equal, on a 331, perhaps a low HP 347, but, I would not use them on anything bigger, if your are looking to optimize your engine's potential.
Good Luck!

Yes, sorry about that my friend gave me some charts that were very off. On how a bunch of heads flow, I have made some changes to my original build. I am going to be going with a bigger set of heads to allow the proper breathing. I an going to go with afr 205 or 225's. Or maybe depending on how much money i have tfs 225's race heads. That should open up the motors lungs, might even get a slighter bigger header set 1 3/4 or 1 7/8" instead, Also a victor junior intake. This build is going to be a street/ strip but more strip and the power range i have finally set is 500+hp/500+ ft lbs tq. So I was wondering what u guys think of this revised build. Please feel free to ask if u need anymore info.