Engine Ny foxbody tune?

Jvshouse

Mar 27, 2018
Is anyone near the saratoga springs ny area that is a foxbody guru? I got tfs1 kit. Runs great and strong but cannot get it to idle properly. If anyone is let me know. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes. At around 1000 to 1100 I can keep it running without stalling. I personally dont like it that high. You can also hear the cam chop better at 800 to 900. But the main issue with the 1100 rpm is it gets quite hot sitting still. I'm thinking if I cant get it lower then I will put an electric fan in.

It will idle but I have to keep the idle high. I can keep it lower and will idle but if I hit the gas revving it up it will drop down in rpm try to catch itself from stalling but will stall. Did a base idle reset but didnt help. Thanks. It's the lmr trick flow kit with the street intake. Timing is at 10 degrees with the cam advanced 4.

Your right. I bought an Anderson Power Adder kit early on when I first got this car, and did not know any better. It does show a thirty h.p. gain on a dyno. I just need some good heads to really go. I was considering that top end kit, and thoroughly read up on it. Many reviews claim bad idle, and need for tune that did or did not fix the idle.